Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Now I'm the first kind of rider.....  (Read 2135 times)

Offline Scubadvr

• Explorer Master
  • Topic Author
  • Where did I leave my keys?
  • Bike: 2014 Green XC
Re: Now I'm the first kind of rider.....
« Reply #10 on: February 24, 2015, 03:21:00 AM »
*Originally Posted by MJake [+]
Us in the northernlands simply have to deal with the toxic crap they pour onto the roads.  It remains almost an invisible layer of graphite lubricant on the road until a few hard driving rains make it go away.  I feel for anyone who's had an unexpected low sider.  I had one due to not rubbing off the grease on a new rear tire at low speed.  Damage to bike and gear almost identical less any bruises.  I'm still a bit nervous when riding because of it.  PLSD = Post Low Side Disorder, I guess.   :012:
PLSD - Ha!  Love it,  MJake!  I'm still leery of that turn,  weeks later,  because of all of the salt and crud still out there.  Creepy. 

Thanks for all the encouragement,  folks. It's pretty humbling to have this happen after all these years and after having ridden in every conceivable weather condition.  Be careful out there!
The journey is the destination!

Offline Ogri (Trainee)

• Explorer Pro
  • life starts when my daughter finishes University!
  • Bike: Grey Explorer
  • City / Town: Hertfordshire
« Reply #11 on: February 24, 2015, 09:34:24 AM »
*Originally Posted by MJake [+]
PLSD = Post Low Side Disorder, I guess.   :012:

I like this makes it sound cool!  :018:

My hangovers will now be PACD ..... Post Alcohol Consumption Disorder......  Could justify a sicky from work with that!
Grey Explorer, hand guards, heated grips, fogs, touring screen, heated seat, OEM Panniers and a Garmin Satnav with curvy roads what else do you need?

Offline isb

• Explorer Master
  • Bike: 2013 Explorer
  • City / Town: Hell
« Reply #12 on: February 24, 2015, 05:37:10 PM »
Thanks for posting, Scubadvr. A very valuable reminder and story telling that sucks you in!
Cheers, Ian

There are two kinds of people in this world. Those who think there are two kinds of people, and those that don't.

Recent Topics