Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: How To Use TigerTool V2 to Reset SIA, DTCs, MIL & Balance Throttles  (Read 21603 times)

Offline T800XC

• Explorer Master
  • Topic Author
  • Bike: Explorer & 800XC
  • City / Town: Devon
Re: How To Use TigerTool V2 to Reset SIA, DTCs, MIL & Balance Throttles
« Reply #130 on: November 15, 2017, 06:49:30 PM »
It looks like your bike isn't replying to the request for ECU details. It appears to be failing at the first request. The interface is taking to the PC and configuring itself, but it's not getting (or not handling) a resoponse from the bike's ECU.

Although TigerTool doesn't fully support the 2015 XCX (yet), it should work OK to talk to the ECU. It might be worth checking the pins on the OBD connector on your ELM327 lead and on the bike. These have been known to work loose. Also, it may just be an issue with your interface lead not being compatible. There's much on here to read about that.

Take a look at the 'Info' tab in TigerTool after it fails to see if there's any information in there.

Finally, you've posted in the Tiger Explorer forum but you're better off posting this in the Tiger 800 forum (www.tiger800.co.uk) as you're more likely to get other Tiger 800 owners who may have seen a similar problem.
...Desire ends in satisfaction...

Offline paulorapel

• Explorer Junior
  • Bike: tiger 800 xcx
  • City / Town: brasilia
Re: How To Use TigerTool V2 to Reset SIA, DTCs, MIL & Balance Throttles
« Reply #131 on: November 15, 2017, 08:18:38 PM »
thank you. I already registered in the other forum and I will reply the question. Congratulations on the great work

Updating: I used an obd2 bluetooth, I managed to enable a port, and thank God, read the ECU. Many thanks for the help. I believe the error was on the obd2 usb cable. I was able to reset the ECU. I had two mistakes
« Last Edit: November 15, 2017, 09:22:31 PM by paulorapel »

Recent Topics