Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: How To Use TigerTool V2 to Reset SIA, DTCs, MIL & Balance Throttles  (Read 24605 times)

Offline T800XC

• Explorer Master
  • Topic Author
  • Bike: Explorer & 800XC
  • City / Town: Devon
Re: How To Use TigerTool V2 to Reset SIA, DTCs, MIL & Balance Throttles
« Reply #130 on: November 15, 2017, 06:49:30 PM »
It looks like your bike isn't replying to the request for ECU details. It appears to be failing at the first request. The interface is taking to the PC and configuring itself, but it's not getting (or not handling) a resoponse from the bike's ECU.

Although TigerTool doesn't fully support the 2015 XCX (yet), it should work OK to talk to the ECU. It might be worth checking the pins on the OBD connector on your ELM327 lead and on the bike. These have been known to work loose. Also, it may just be an issue with your interface lead not being compatible. There's much on here to read about that.

Take a look at the 'Info' tab in TigerTool after it fails to see if there's any information in there.

Finally, you've posted in the Tiger Explorer forum but you're better off posting this in the Tiger 800 forum (www.tiger800.co.uk) as you're more likely to get other Tiger 800 owners who may have seen a similar problem.
...Desire ends in satisfaction...

Offline paulorapel

• Explorer Junior
  • Bike: tiger 800 xcx
  • City / Town: brasilia
« Reply #131 on: November 15, 2017, 08:18:38 PM »
thank you. I already registered in the other forum and I will reply the question. Congratulations on the great work

Updating: I used an obd2 bluetooth, I managed to enable a port, and thank God, read the ECU. Many thanks for the help. I believe the error was on the obd2 usb cable. I was able to reset the ECU. I had two mistakes
« Last Edit: November 15, 2017, 09:22:31 PM by paulorapel »

Offline Tex66

• Explorer Member
  • Bike: Explorer 1215
  • City / Town: Durham
« Reply #132 on: January 29, 2018, 01:10:20 PM »
Well Ive just received my odbc plug in (a one that was advised to buy) and service has been done over the winter months, can you advise where the plug is on the bike ? 12plate 1200 Exp .. probably been staring at it for ages in wonder haha .. pics if possible TIA ..

Offline T800XC

• Explorer Master
  • Topic Author
« Reply #133 on: January 29, 2018, 01:21:07 PM »
Under the rider's seat, on the left side. It's usually sat in position on a lug on the top of the rear mudguard and has a plastic shroud covering the connector.

You can't miss it.  :005:

Offline Tex66

• Explorer Member
  • Bike: Explorer 1215
  • City / Town: Durham
« Reply #134 on: February 11, 2018, 12:21:25 PM »
Update Time .. Well I found the plug (thanks) and plugged the recommended interface in, connected, handshake etc reset my SIA looked at the ECU ... absolutely no problems in connectin to the bike  .... job done within 5 mins .. Many thanks !! :037:  :152:

Offline Stepan

• Explorer Junior
  • Bike: Tiger Explorer XC
  • City / Town: Leeds
« Reply #135 on: February 18, 2018, 06:40:23 PM »
Hi guys,can anyone help please... I have problem with connection to ABS ECU. I´ve bought dealertool 3 days ago and I can read any Information and I can run any test from my laptop through dealertool interface from ECU. I´ve tried to connect to ABS ECU too,but with no success. I can see ABS ECU ID number,ECU software version and number of ABS Faults is 1. Before I get full access to ABS ECU connection freezes.Unfortunately,I have exactly same result with TigerTool V2. In Tigertool I can see error message ABS ECU Ping time out.
What I´ve done so far and what software,hardware I´m using.
1.Dealertool interface + software
2.TigerTool V2
3.PL2303 Code 10 fix driver instaled (interface communicates with every port COM3,COM4,COM5)
4.I´ve tried USB version 2.0 and 3.0
5.Windows 8,1
6.Fuses on ABS checked and OK
I´m running out of ideas where trouble can be.Thanks for any help lads
If you want something you never had. You have to do something you've never done.

Offline MAC

• Explorer Junior
  • Bike: Explorer
« Reply #136 on: March 06, 2018, 05:53:07 PM »
Hi all, I'm trying to get this to work on my Explorer. I've got the right type of connector and the software sees it but when I try and use it on the Explorer it initially connects but then almost immediately loses the connection.

Has anyone got any idea as to what's wrong and how to fix it?

Thanks

Mac

This is the connector I have https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/USB-Cable-ELM327-OBD2-OBDII-V1-5-Car-Diagnostic-Interface-Scanner-Tool-Mini/281439654858?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

Offline T800XC

• Explorer Master
  • Topic Author
« Reply #137 on: March 06, 2018, 06:02:41 PM »
It sounds like the interface isn't supporting the required ELM327 command 'AT D' as it seems to be finding the interface but then it's not getting the responses that it expects.

I'll PM a link to a debug version for you to try to confirm this.

Offline MAC

• Explorer Junior
  • Bike: Explorer
« Reply #138 on: March 06, 2018, 06:55:14 PM »
Debug content is

Info:COM5 open
Info:Connecting...
Info:ELM327 v1.5
Info:Init #1
Info:Init #2
Info:Init #3
Info:Init #4
Info:Init #5
Info:Init #6
Info:Init #7
Info:Init #8
Info:Init #9
Init Debug: OK

Offline T800XC

• Explorer Master
  • Topic Author
« Reply #139 on: March 06, 2018, 07:22:15 PM »
Thanks MAC.

It's not quite what I was expecting to see but I know what the problem is, and it's sadly the result of another poor quality ELM327 interface. I did have one user back in May 2015 on the Tiger800 forum with the same problem - the cloned ELM327 chip inside the interface isn't supporting the 'AT SH' command.

Unfortunately there's nothing I can do about this problem other than advise you to send it back and get one from another supplier. Tell the seller that the interface uses a clone ELM327 chip and doesn't support some of the basic commands.

If you're looking for a suitable ELM327 lead, check the latter pages of this thread to see what others have been using and take a look at Amazon & eBay for the one from BBFLY. I think the part number is BF32301. I've found those interfaces to be the best made and most reliable, but there will be other cheaper alternatives. I know someone on the Tiger800 forum recommended the eBay item 112349726936 in August last year and said it worked fine for them, but I've not tested it.

Recent Topics