Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Triumph Navigator Jacket and Pants?  (Read 3542 times)

Offline MIKE R

• Explorer Pro
  • Topic Author
  • Bike: Yam XT1200, BMW GS
  • City / Town: Burnley
Triumph Navigator Jacket and Pants?
« on: October 14, 2015, 06:22:57 PM »
I'm considering replacing my riding gear   :730: and am seriously interested in Triumph's Navigator suit.

Any opinions on this suit from owners, good or bad gratefully accepted.

Cheers  :031:

Mike
It's not where you go that counts.............it's how you get there

Offline Simian73

• Explorer Pro
  • Bike: Explorer
  • City / Town: Lincolnshire
Re: Triumph Navigator Jacket and Pants?
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2015, 08:01:02 PM »
I am also in the same situation, I've been looking at all sorts of jackets and trousers, 3x motorcycles are doing the suit including gloves for £545 I think so looking at similar stuff for around that price. Would prefer a z liner type of garment ie not seperate waterproof liner so the actual jacket doesn't fill with water. Spoke to an instructor who has worn the navigator and apart for the cuff Velcro coming off the jacket was getting a good review

Offline littleade

• Explorer Pro
  • Bike: A German twin thing
  • City / Town: Kidderminster
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2015, 10:34:46 PM »
If you're not in any rush it might be worth waiting to see if Triumph change the Navigator stuff when they launch the new bikes next month as there may then be some sold off on the Triumph outlet website.

Online Hax

• Explorer Pro
  • Bike: '19 XRX
« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2015, 12:02:55 PM »
I've had both Hein Gerrick and Triumph suits with Gore-Tex (or equivalent) but nothing comes close to the quality or performance of my Rukka gear. Yup, it's not cheap but having trips spoiled due to getting wet on the first day then riding subsequent days in damp gear then I don't mind  :027:

I like to leave Triumph to building bikes and make T-shirts (unless it's rebadged Alpinestars)  :038:

Offline Fr.Mark

• Explorer Pro
  • Bike: Khaki Gen 3 XRT 1200
  • City / Town: Cambridgeshire
« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2015, 08:47:16 PM »
have full Navigator outfit Superb so good that the Mrs has gone for the same.  so a small Christmas list this year as she now knows how much I spent!!!  :003:
The secret of peace is not to avoid the rush and noise of the world but to live among the noise and rush and be calm yourself.

Offline tenTex

• Explorer Pro
  • Bike: TEX
  • City / Town: Manchester
« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2015, 09:07:21 PM »
*Originally Posted by MIKE R [+]
I'm considering replacing my riding gear   :730: and am seriously interested in Triumph's Navigator suit.

Any opinions on this suit from owners, good or bad gratefully accepted.

Cheers  :031:

Mike
t

Can't vouch for the Triumph Navigator kit, although considering for myself, if your looking, here's a special offer still on I think.

http://www.3xmotorcycles.com/specials-detail.php?Triumph-Navigator-Kit-Sale-129

Cheers ten  :031:
In the end it's not going to matter how many breaths you took, just, how many moments took your breath away.

Kawasaki ZX6 Kawasaki ZX10 Ducati Streetfighter 848 Explorer 1200

Offline Rooster

• Explorer Pro
  • Bike: Tiger Explorer XRT
  • City / Town: Droitwich
« Reply #6 on: December 07, 2015, 09:28:58 PM »
I've got the Navigator Jacket and Trowsers and am very happy with them.  I cannot say how waterrproof they are as I haven't ridden in the rain yet. 

I did read several reviews from other purchasers who said that they were very good in the rain.  I also read several reports that said the trowsers let in water but that the Jacket was ok.  Triumph exchanged the defective trowsers without argument. 

However, I can say that they are very warm. I've been riding most weeks in Nov and Dec at some point and all I wear under the jacket is a T Shirt and I haven't been the slightest bit cold on runs up to 200 mile.

They are also comfortable to wear and have quite a lot of adjustment points.  If you get too hot you can open several vents and of course remove the linings in the warmer months.

I also found the waist size of the jeans to be flattering, I ended up with on size less than normal. The Jacket fitting was about what I would usually wear. 
« Last Edit: December 07, 2015, 09:44:26 PM by Rooster »
Don't worry about things you can't change.

Offline Rooster

• Explorer Pro
  • Bike: Tiger Explorer XRT
  • City / Town: Droitwich
« Reply #7 on: December 07, 2015, 09:36:08 PM »
*Originally Posted by tenTex [+]
t

Can't vouch for the Triumph Navigator kit, although considering for myself, if your looking, here's a special offer still on I think.

http://www.3xmotorcycles.com/specials-detail.php?Triumph-Navigator-Kit-Sale-129

Cheers ten  :031:

That's only 10% off. You should be able to do better.  Try Plymouth Triumph on eBay

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Genuine-Triumph-Navigator-Jacket-XL-/231751439416?hash=item35f5765438:g:WxYAAOSwvt1WRbM2

They are offering 20% off.  If they aren't advertising your size then email them and they will get one for you from Triumph.  This deal won't last forever so I suggest acting quickley.   I've just ordered a Mugello Jacked and Mizumo Jeans off them and whilst they did not have my sizes on EBay they still gave me 20% off.
Don't worry about things you can't change.

Offline Bobsmodels

• Explorer Junior
  • Bike: Explorer XRT
  • City / Town: NEW MALDEN
« Reply #8 on: May 08, 2018, 05:05:02 PM »
I've used RST clothing for 10yrs now and find it fantastic stuff so bought their stuff again.

I've just bought the RST Paragon jacket in Silver and flo red having tried the Adventure jacket first which for me was too short.  Loved the blue/white scheme though!

https://www.sportsbikeshop.co.uk/motorcycle_parts/content_prod/319448

Here is the Paragon jacket:

https://www.sportsbikeshop.co.uk/motorcycle_parts/content_prod/364717

I have to say that I have received tremendous service from this company and fully recommend them.

Recent Topics

nonskid