Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Shoei Hornet ADV Seeker  (Read 4663 times)

Offline Cuchulainn

• Explorer Master
  • Bike: KTM 1190 Adventure
  • City / Town: Denver, CO
Re: Shoei Hornet ADV Seeker
« Reply #20 on: October 23, 2015, 04:43:17 AM »
*Originally Posted by Icy [+]
Nah, this particular one is the new one. Touratech teamed up with Schubert this time. This is practically a C3Pro with a beak on it :) Pretty much like Schubert's new adventure helmet; which is pretty much a C3 Pro with a beak on it :)

So in other words Touratech finally teamed up with a manufacturer that would be difficult for them to mark up the prices any higher on?  :008:
2014 KTM 1190 Adventure
2014 Triumph Tiger Explorer XC
2013 Triumph Street Triple R

Offline MJake

• Explorer Master
  • Bike: Tiger 800XCa
  • City / Town: Harlan Iowa
« Reply #21 on: October 26, 2015, 06:53:58 PM »
Schubydooby...when you can't spend enough on an Aria.

I have to admit, I own an XD3, which I really like.  The caveat is that I got it on ebay for under $200 bucks.  Never used.  I get lucky now and them. 

For those who hate or think the bill is only for fashion or wannabes...it came in very handy on a trip when I got into torrential rain for over 300 miles.  It was 50 degrees, I had to crack the visor to keep from fogging and the bill kept the rain out of my view. 

I now use an Orange, Nolan N44 with pinlock in place 99% of the time. 
Speed has never killed anyone.  It's becoming suddenly stationary that kills you.

Offline pmckinnon

• Explorer Master
  • Topic Author
  • High Country ride
  • Bike: EXP 2012 Blue
  • City / Town: Sunbury
« Reply #22 on: October 27, 2015, 08:42:57 AM »
Hi all i gave the Tex a blast this afternoon up to 180kph and this helmet with peak on felt no different than my other full face helmets so im happy with that part also its quiet with visor up or down which my older Arai was only quiet with the visor up
Biff you look so spunky with that little peak on your helmet no wonder the girls just fall all over you Pete

Offline Simian73

• Explorer Pro
  • Bike: Explorer
  • City / Town: Lincolnshire
« Reply #23 on: December 07, 2015, 09:51:01 PM »
Just bought a shoei adv at the bike show so see how it performs and update the post

Offline xsive33

• Explorer Member
  • Bike: Explorer XC
  • City / Town: Sunny Swindon
« Reply #24 on: December 21, 2015, 12:53:26 AM »
Had mine for several months now.

Bleeding expensive but worth the money.

Most comfortable Shoei helmet I've owned. Also very light and quiet.

No major issues at motorway speeds either.

Offline Simian73

• Explorer Pro
  • Bike: Explorer
  • City / Town: Lincolnshire
« Reply #25 on: December 28, 2015, 09:25:51 PM »
Bit of an update after 120 miles use.  Not as much buffeting as expected with the peak as the slots are wide and plenty of them so air can get through easily, very quiet and with the moulded indents for speakers, I have fitted my Interphone f5mc and can't feel the speakers on my ears at all so bodes well for longer ride comfort.  The visor provides excellent vision as it is much bigger than an xspirit and vents seem to work as expected with a top of the range Shoei.  There is some buffeting from any side winds though but again nothing that would put you off.  Just to note, I did increase my screen height to get the least amount of wind from the screen so moved from the second to the fourth position from lowest (5'7" with the seat on lowest setting)

Offline Icy

• Explorer Master
  • Stationary Traveler
  • Bike: 2018 TEX XCx
  • City / Town: New York
« Reply #26 on: December 28, 2015, 09:35:02 PM »
*Originally Posted by Simian73 [+]
Bit of an update after 120 miles use.  Not as much buffeting as expected with the peak as the slots are wide and plenty of them so air can get through easily, very quiet and with the moulded indents for speakers, I have fitted my Interphone f5mc and can't feel the speakers on my ears at all so bodes well for longer ride comfort.  The visor provides excellent vision as it is much bigger than an xspirit and vents seem to work as expected with a top of the range Shoei.  There is some buffeting from any side winds though but again nothing that would put you off.  Just to note, I did increase my screen height to get the least amount of wind from the screen so moved from the second to the fourth position from lowest (5'7" with the seat on lowest setting)

excellent review. thank you Simian73
"It's easy to learn how to speak, it takes a lot more to learn how to actually say something." ~Icy
http://instagram.com/soksa.icy/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/soksa/
https://www.youtube.com/user/SokSa/videos
http://www.swordclassri.com/

Offline Bluetonic

• Explorer Member
  • Bike: Explorer XC
  • City / Town: Witney
« Reply #27 on: January 12, 2016, 09:35:56 PM »
Also have the ADV Seeker and love it!

I already have a Shoei NXR I have been using on my sports bike for a while which is a great helmet, but after trying an ADV I had to have one for those days it's not all about speed.

It's much more comfortable on longer rides and the increase in view and airflow allows you to take in much more of your surroundings and make you feel a little less claustrophobic. 

My peak did rattle a tiny (almost unnoticeable) bit at speed, which a little grease around the fixing clips fixed. I don't notice the peak pulling my head around even when windy, so no complaints there. It does a great job of keeping the sun out of my eyes in the winter which is welcome!

I think if I only had the Explorer I wouldn't use my NXR at all.

Very comfortable and loads of room for speakers and cables, plus the emergency removable pads are a nice safety feature.

Great, great helmet!

Offline John Rogers

• Explorer Member
  • Bike: 2014 Explorer XC
  • City / Town: Kalispell, Montana
« Reply #28 on: April 27, 2016, 05:19:29 AM »
Shoei Hornet X2 for a year now, no issues with beak even at high speeds. Love the helmet!

Recent Topics

nonskid