Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Tiger Tool Help  (Read 3540 times)

Offline Dragon88

• Explorer Member
  • Topic Author
Re: Tiger Tool Help
« Reply #10 on: January 05, 2016, 01:32:04 AM »
Thanks mate for the help. I will order another module and hope for the best. Per chance, do you have any recommendations. There are a ton on eBay. Hard to know whats what.

Offline T800XC

• Explorer Master
  • Bike: Explorer & 800XC
  • City / Town: English Riviera
« Reply #11 on: January 05, 2016, 10:36:53 AM »
*Originally Posted by Dragon88 [+]
...do you have any recommendations. There are a ton on eBay...
It's always difficult to recommend which of these items to buy as they may be different internally to what I have, even if the photos look the same. As a guide, it might be worth checking the following eBay item numbers...

I've bought each of these items, from the same sellers that these numbers link to, and all have worked OK for me, but I can't guarantee that the items are still identical to what I've bought over the last couple of years. There are so many available on eBay and the price is no guarantee of quality, although I will say that I've listed these in order of what I found to be the better internal build quality, best listed first.

Hope that helps.
...Desire ends in satisfaction...

Offline Dragon88

• Explorer Member
  • Topic Author
« Reply #12 on: January 06, 2016, 12:47:28 AM »
Cheers mate. Will update on progress asap.

Offline Dragon88

• Explorer Member
  • Topic Author
« Reply #13 on: January 12, 2016, 01:46:32 AM »
A quick update. I complained to the supplier of the module and they were prompt in responding with an updated driver and also a promise of a new module should this one be faulty. I havent had time to play around with it yet but will update further asap.

Cheers.

Offline T800XC

• Explorer Master
« Reply #14 on: January 12, 2016, 09:20:16 AM »
*Originally Posted by Dragon88 [+]
A quick update. I complained to the supplier of the module and they were prompt in responding with an updated driver and also a promise of a new module should this one be faulty. I havent had time to play around with it yet but will update further asap.

Cheers.
Hmm, it's not the 'driver' that's at fault, it's the poor quality ELM chip inside the module. Hopefully they can get that sorted for you ASAP.

Offline edgey999

• Explorer Member
  • Bike: Honda CBR1000RR SP
  • City / Town: Worcester
« Reply #15 on: January 16, 2016, 10:08:43 AM »
Hi

Based on the advice from this post i have purchased this ELM327 OBD interface from flea bay

It arrived promptly and i plugged into to my Explorer today using the advice contained in the Tiger Tool download. Once i had remembered to turn the ignition on  :138: i was instantly able to reset my service interval.  :062:

Thank you for producing such a fab tool and for free  :037:. Thanks also for providing the excellent advice on which OBD interface you believe to work, this one does  :152:

I hope that this may help anyone who is thinking of purchasing an interface

Regards

Offline Dragon88

• Explorer Member
  • Topic Author
« Reply #16 on: January 23, 2016, 01:16:07 AM »
*Originally Posted by T800XC [+]
Hmm, it's not the 'driver' that's at fault, it's the poor quality ELM chip inside the module. Hopefully they can get that sorted for you ASAP.

Got a refund and have ordered one of the modules you recommended. An update soonest. Cheers.

Offline Yur

• Explorer Junior
  • Bike: Tiger Explorer
  • City / Town: Saint-Petersburg
« Reply #17 on: October 08, 2018, 11:38:51 AM »
T800XC Thank you for your work. Our dealer in Russia is very bad. Do maintenance yourself. Thanks again!

Offline Stuartb

• Explorer Pro
  • Bike: Explorer
  • City / Town: Woking
« Reply #18 on: October 29, 2018, 10:12:56 AM »
In case it's of any help to anyone, I've just got this working.  Big thanks first to T800XC for creating the tool.

I bought this interface:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/bbfly-BF32302-ELM327-USB-modified-FTDI-chip-OBD2-ELMconfig-Forscan-HS-CAN-M/263686123502?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

I actually made an error and don't know what the difference is between this and the BF32301 which T800XC recommended recently. 

For drivers...

Short version:- Avoid bbflyobd (malware) and go here: https://www.ftdichip.com/Drivers/VCP.htm

Longer version:-

When I went to the bbflyobd.com site to download the drivers, Avast anti-virus blocked the page saying that there were Trojans.  Avast have since told me that the detection is correct so I suggest avoiding the bbflyobd site.  The instructions with the interface are unclear anyway because they say to visit bbflyobd.com on one page and then FTDI's download page as well.

I jumped through a few hoops before finding that even if you go to bbflyobd.com it redirects to FTDI's driver page, so just go there instead.  Main entry page is here:

https://www.ftdichip.com/FTDrivers.htm

If you just want Windows 7+ drivers, you can ignore the difference between the different types of driver described on this page and just go here:

https://www.ftdichip.com/Drivers/VCP.htm

You can choose between 32 bit and 64 bit drivers there (top row of table).  I actually chose the "setup executable" on the far right as I didn't notice the driver file links at first.  I downloaded that and they installed quickly and easily (I had the interface connected to the PC but not the bike - not saying that's important, just what I did)

This is on Windows 10 64 bit. MY14 Tiger Explorer 1200.

Went to bike, plugged in, ignition on, fired up Tiger Tools, chose port (COM3 was preselected) and everything worked.

If you're not sure about which COM port, run Device Manager and plug in the USB interface, you should see the new device pop up in the listing as a COM port and will be able to see the number.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2018, 10:38:51 AM by Stuartb »
Ask me if you have questions about any of:- Carbon fender extender, Pyramid shockshield, Triumph radiator guard, Givi SRA 6403 and 52L Trekker top box, 38L Trekker Outback cases, SW Motech crash bars and Storm handguards, GPS mount for car-based Garmin satnav, Batzen bracket, Skidmarx screen, SW Motech light mounts and LED lights with Skene Designs controller, Fuzeblock, Sena SMH10, Remus Ti Hexacone exhaust. Admore light bar.

Offline T800XC

• Explorer Master
« Reply #19 on: October 29, 2018, 11:55:49 AM »
I actually made an error and don't know what the difference is between this and the BF32301 which T800XC recommended recently.

The BF32301 is BBFly's standard ELM327 OBD interface for use on most vehicles.

The BF32302 is their modified version of the BF32301. It has a toggle switch to swap internal CAN-bus connections for use with FORScan diagnostic software on Ford (and some other) vehicles. If the switch is left in the HSCAN position it will work fine with TigerTool.

As for drivers, I tend to let Windows decide for me, but if it has problem's I'll go to the chip manufacturer's web site, such as FTDI.

I've never had a problem with BBFly's website for getting information but can see at the moment that my ISP is blocking it.  :027:

Recent Topics

nonskid