Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Spotted! In Lecanto, FL area  (Read 721 times)

Offline FL_Explorer

• Explorer Master
  • Topic Author
  • Never take a laxative & a sleeping pill together
  • Bike: '14 Tiger Explorer
  • City / Town: Dade City, FL
Spotted! In Lecanto, FL area
« on: January 27, 2016, 02:21:17 PM »
I saw an Explorer on the road for the FIRST time yesterday!  I was near Lecanto/Crystal River on W. Main Street close to US 41 when I saw a graphite TEx pass by me in the opposite direction.

I was driving a pickup truck, so maybe that's why the rider didn't notice me waving???

Anyway, if that was you on Tuesday 1/26/16 at approximately 5:00PM, let me know!
Ride safe, and ride often!
Keith

Offline abiohazard

• Explorer Member
  • Bike: '13 Tiger Explorer
  • City / Town: Lutz, FL
Re: Spotted! In Lecanto, FL area
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2017, 12:33:47 PM »
That was probably me.  I was most likely at River Ratz.  I work 60 day rotations overseas, and that coincides with when I was home.

Offline FL_Explorer

• Explorer Master
  • Topic Author
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2017, 12:37:55 PM »
*Originally Posted by abiohazard [+]
That was probably me.  I was most likely at River Ratz.  I work 60 day rotations overseas, and that coincides with when I was home.
OK, we've got to get together and ride!  I live about 15 minutes from River Ratz.  My buddy and I ride all over the area up there.  He also works out of the country for 30-45 day rotations in Saudi on an oil rig.  I thought you said you were deployed, what do you do exactly?
Keith

Offline abiohazard

• Explorer Member
  • Bike: '13 Tiger Explorer
  • City / Town: Lutz, FL
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2017, 01:16:49 PM »
I'm all for it.  We'll exchange details when it comes closer to me returning home.  I'm all for learning the area better.  I'd like to do a ride out to Cedar Key.

I'm planning a trip to ride from Florida to the Arctic Circle in Alaska.  Realistic time line will be summer of next year.  Was thinking about starting or finishing in Key West that the SMPUSA marker...but that could be waste a lot of time...  I may just start and finish from home.  I don't know...still in the planning stage.

Raised in Tampa, left when I was 19 and returned when I was 41.  I know South Tampa, and the University area really well...outside of that...to quote Sgt Schultz, "I know nussing!"

I'm retired military and manage a helicopter detachment in the Democratic Republic of Congo for a US based airlift company. 

BTW, I have a buddy of mine who has a V-Strom 1000.  He knows the area around there really well too.  I'll most likely drag him along with me.  We've been talking about a ride out to Cedar Key...so a meeting up in your neck of the woods is definitely possible.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2017, 01:21:04 PM by abiohazard »

Offline FL_Explorer

• Explorer Master
  • Topic Author
« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2017, 01:48:28 PM »
Sounds great!
Keith