Author Topic: Bumot Panniers now available for the Explorer  (Read 18450 times)

Offline Timfen

• Explorer Member
  • Bike: '13 Explorer
  • City / Town: Manchester
Re: Bumot Panniers now available for the Explorer
Reply #30 on: February 25, 2016, 10:59:24 PM
On second thoughts I prefer the all grey version as it is.
Shall I order on the web site? :062:
"Do you know what the word Nemesis means........."

Offline Adventure Bike Shop

• Forum Sponsor
  • Explorer Member
  • Topic Author
  • Bike: TIGER800-BMWF650
  • City / Town: Sudbury GB
Reply #31 on: February 26, 2016, 10:07:09 AM
*Originally Posted by Timfen [+]
On second thoughts I prefer the all grey version as it is.
Shall I order on the web site? :062:
Ok no problem, yes please do order from the website, I have only three sets for the Explorer coming in the first delivery and one set is sold already so the sooner you order the better

Cheers

Cliff

Offline Steev68

• Explorer Pro
  • Bike: Tiger 1200 Explorer
  • City / Town: Wrexham
Reply #32 on: March 03, 2016, 07:20:51 PM
Hi Cliff,

Just to let you know my Bumots arrived today!!  :046: Can't wait to get home and get them fitted on Saturday  :152:
All your efforts are very much appreciated, customer service above and beyond, thank you.

When I was at the bike show last year I was wandering around looking for the perfect pannier, I could see it in my head but couldn't find it anye here,  until I turned a corner and there you were! You were a pleasure to do business with from the very first handshake,  I wish you continued success in the future, and once again, thank you!   :020:

Offline DonVulpes

• Explorer Master
  • Bike: Tex, TTR
  • City / Town: Fleckney, Leics
Reply #33 on: March 04, 2016, 10:55:02 AM
How do these compare to the SW Motech Trax pannier I currently have fitted ?

Offline Steev68

• Explorer Pro
  • Bike: Tiger 1200 Explorer
  • City / Town: Wrexham
Reply #34 on: March 04, 2016, 11:52:44 AM
*Originally Posted by DonVulpes [+]
How do these compare to the SW Motech Trax pannier I currently have fitted ?

Hi DonVulpes,

I can't really comment on how your panniers compare to these as I've never really seen the Trax panniers in the flesh, so to speak, but OneWay has written a really good description of the Bumots a couple of pages back, he has also posted pictures. I chose the Bumots because they are an incredibly strong looking, and feeling, pannier. There is also a great side by side test with all the leading competitors on Adventure Bike TV, I think there is a link on the Adventure Bike Shop link somewhere.
Sorry I can't be more help but ill put some pictures up once they are fitted this weekend, I went for the Frozen Grey colour so you will be able to compare to the black of the ones fitted to OneWay's bike.

Offline DonVulpes

• Explorer Master
Reply #35 on: March 04, 2016, 12:24:49 PM
*Originally Posted by Steev68 [+]
Hi DonVulpes,

I can't really comment on how your panniers compare to these as I've never really seen the Trax panniers in the flesh, so to speak, but OneWay has written a really good description of the Bumots a couple of pages back, he has also posted pictures. I chose the Bumots because they are an incredibly strong looking, and feeling, pannier. There is also a great side by side test with all the leading competitors on Adventure Bike TV, I think there is a link on the Adventure Bike Shop link somewhere.
Sorry I can't be more help but ill put some pictures up once they are fitted this weekend, I went for the Frozen Grey colour so you will be able to compare to the black of the ones fitted to OneWay's bike.

Thanks. It was OneWay's review that picqued my interest and even though I'm happy with the Trax, I might find a little more space handy ( I have 2 x 37L ) and the locks are woeful, so I'm never 100% sure my gear is going to be there when I get back.

I look forward to seeing some pics, although I'm pretty sure I'd go for black...just need to move my stickers across  :084:

• Forum Sponsor
  • Explorer Member
  • Topic Author
Reply #36 on: March 04, 2016, 02:42:07 PM
*Originally Posted by Steev68 [+]
Hi Cliff,

Just to let you know my Bumots arrived today!!  :046: Can't wait to get home and get them fitted on Saturday  :152:
All your efforts are very much appreciated, customer service above and beyond, thank you.

When I was at the bike show last year I was wandering around looking for the perfect pannier, I could see it in my head but couldn't find it anye here,  until I turned a corner and there you were! You were a pleasure to do business with from the very first handshake,  I wish you continued success in the future, and once again, thank you!   :020:

Hi Steve
Glad you are happy with dealing with us, we try our best to give the service we would want, Look forward to seeing the pictures of the bike with the Frozen Grey panniers

Cheers

Cliff

• Forum Sponsor
  • Explorer Member
  • Topic Author
Reply #37 on: March 04, 2016, 02:44:57 PM
Thanks. It was OneWay's review that picqued my interest and even though I'm happy with the Trax, I might find a little more space handy ( I have 2 x 37L ) and the locks are woeful, so I'm never 100% sure my gear is going to be there when I get back.

I look forward to seeing some pics, although I'm pretty sure I'd go for black...just need to move my stickers across  :084:

I sell both the Bumot and the S W Motech, the Trax Adventure panniers are a good pannier, much better than the Trax Evo panniers, but the Bumots are stronger and cut to fit around the exhaust so you have more capacity but less width, add the toolbox and its a better all round set up.

Cheers

Cliff

Offline DonVulpes

• Explorer Master
Reply #38 on: March 04, 2016, 04:37:43 PM
*Originally Posted by Adventure Bike Shop [+]
I sell both the Bumot and the S W Motech, the Trax Adventure panniers are a good pannier, much better than the Trax Evo panniers, but the Bumots are stronger and cut to fit around the exhaust so you have more capacity but less width, add the toolbox and its a better all round set up.

Cheers

Cliff

Thanks Cliff. Time to start saving for June  :038:

Offline OneWay

• Explorer Master
  • Bike: TEX, 800XC, GSA, K16
  • City / Town: London / Cape Town
Reply #39 on: March 04, 2016, 09:18:10 PM
...just need to move my stickers across  :084:
Nah mate, get out there and get some more!  :305:
You don't live only once, you die only once.
You live every day.

nonskid