Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Update re variance with Satin /Shiny Exhausts  (Read 1627 times)

Offline Stelyn

• Explorer Member
  • Topic Author
  • Bike: Triumph Explorer
  • City / Town: Ashford -Kent
Update re variance with Satin /Shiny Exhausts
« on: April 22, 2012, 01:42:56 PM »
 :084:
Hi All
Re above topic,  view the latest  re this variance in exhausts, in the `General Discussion' section.   What are your views.    Is this merely cosmetic or a late unannounced `upgrade ?    Over to you.
Ride Safe.
Stelyn   :187:

Offline Bryn

• Explorer Master
  • Bike: Graphite Explorer
  • City / Town: Leicestershire
Re: Update re variance with Satin /Shiny Exhausts
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2012, 01:52:50 PM »
*Originally Posted by Stelyn [+]
:084:
Hi All
Re above topic,  view the latest  re this variance in exhausts, in the `General Discussion' section.   What are your views.    Is this merely cosmetic or a late unannounced `upgrade ?    Over to you.
Ride Safe.
Stelyn   :187:

A 'source' told me they've changed to shiny as the matt ones mark too easily   :015:

Offline Wild Pete

• Explorer Pro
  • Bike: BMW S1000RR
  • City / Town: Norfolk
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2012, 05:18:49 PM »
If they are worried about the exhaust, those guys with the scratched touring screen should be alright in getting a replacement.

Offline 9tiger9

• Explorer Pro
  • Bike: triumph explorer
  • City / Town: notts
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2012, 09:42:03 PM »
Yup,
      I also heard that the reason my new explorer was delivered with the matt finish silencer was that customers were complaining about the marks on the shiny ones that refused to come out, but my dealer ( Team Roberts Conisbrough offered me the choice of either, top lads) said you choose. 
Anyone pulled their back out trying to lift an empty explorer top box onto the rack, christ what a weight, another change here also i am told is that the first delivery boxes had plastic mounts and the later ones have cast alloy so have a look underneath as some of these earlier boxes as they might turn up later have a look/ask  what you are being offered before purchase.
Im also in the process of making an adaptor plate made up to fit the 2006 on triumph tiger/st top box onto the explorer rack as i think the squared off lines of the new box look kak with the angular transformer style of the bike, photo's to follow if all goes well. 9tiger9
It's very fine to dance and dine and laugh till you're in stitches,
But for pleasures rare what can compare,
With scratching where it itches.

Offline Kenandmaureen

• Explorer Master
  • Love my Bikes and Any sport
  • Bike: Ducati 996/Honda VFR
  • City / Town: Woodbridge
« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2012, 08:51:44 AM »
 :261: Customers have been complainig about marks on Matt finish not shiny ones.
So which mounts are you saying are lighter and better, Plastic or Cast  :261:
One Life Live it.

Recent Topics