Poll

Are you in favour of the U.K. remaining in the EU or would you rather Leave

Remain in the EU
29 (38.2%)
leave the EU
47 (61.8%)

Total Members Voted: 76

Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Are you In or Out  (Read 18491 times)

Offline Jugster Russ

• Explorer Pro
  • Bike: Explorer 2012
  • City / Town: Whitwick
Re: Are you In or Out
« Reply #20 on: May 23, 2016, 08:10:14 AM »
The prodded dog summed it all up for me also.....
how can you be lost if you have no idea where you are going in the first place? The 'stealthy' grey one.

Offline NiK

• Explorer God
  • Bike: Red Skin Mk3
  • City / Town: Marseille
« Reply #21 on: May 23, 2016, 09:34:50 AM »
*Originally Posted by ColinN [+]
Interesting traveling through France a month or so ago, and speaking to a lot of French people, I was surprised how many thought that they should have a referendum too, and a lot wanted out anyway.
You just gave me the opportunity to pop in this UK-only discussion ;-)

While I completely understand most of the reasons people finds to be wanting out, I would call out for staying in. I won't go over it all again, but just looking at "what's the use?". Apart from feeling freed from something (which would be mostly replacing a European yoke by American shackles), this would achieve nothing useful for the UK. I believe it wouldn't benefit to your business, nor your social system. And France is in the same boat.

Actually, the situation became more and more complicated these past ten years. We started an integration process which is somewhat stuck in the middle of somewhere (bureaucracy maybe? ;-). In this limbo of not done, not undone situation, I'm afraid the only choice is moving forward as running backward is rarely a smart move (and remember that it's a French saying that ;-).

PS: not being a UK citizen, I did not vote ;-)

Offline AndrewNZ

• Explorer Pro
  • Bike: Triumph Explorer
  • City / Town: Richmond
« Reply #22 on: May 23, 2016, 09:53:22 AM »
I had read somewhere that more countries were asking for their own referendum, its not a happy house!

Online kenw

• Explorer Master
  • Bike: 2018 Red Tiger 1200
  • City / Town: Adelaide
« Reply #23 on: May 23, 2016, 10:26:50 AM »
As an Aussie, I'm not voting.  But I have a question...
How much of the EU discontent is caused by the asylum seeker situation?  Is there pressure to leave the EU just so the UK can close its borders more tightly?

Offline grumps

• Explorer Master
  • Bike: Explorer Xc
  • City / Town: Worcestershire
« Reply #24 on: May 23, 2016, 10:53:06 AM »
*Originally Posted by kenw [+]
As an Aussie, I'm not voting.  But I have a question...
How much of the EU discontent is caused by the asylum seeker situation?  Is there pressure to leave the EU just so the UK can close its borders more tightly?

Partly. But the continual interference and law making from non-elected faceless gravy-train licking oiks in Brussels is my reason to want out.

What started out as a Common Market is now a United Federal States of Europe, but we can't vote out the law makers.
2018 Xca, BMW K1600 GTL, GT380

If money can't buy happiness, explain motorbikes and beer

Offline BlahBlah

• Explorer Pro
  • Bike: S10
  • City / Town: Argyll
« Reply #25 on: May 23, 2016, 11:17:11 AM »
If you want continual interfernce and law making from un-elected faceless gravy-train licking oiks, try the house of lords!

As for our wonderfull democracy, the current goverment is leading this country with less than 35% of the vote.
If you choose not to decide, then you have still made a decision!

Offline Letemfly

• Explorer Pro
  • Bike: Tiger 1200 XRT
  • City / Town: Driffield
« Reply #26 on: May 23, 2016, 12:13:58 PM »
In my view there is one thing for sure, if we vote to stay in it will give these unelected idiots even more encouragement to think they can do whatever they want. There is growing unrest across Europe to the antics and policies and in my opinion we must vote out to support this and to force badly needed reform which Camerons efforts clearly demonstrated is futile when dealing with this arrogant lot. For sure they will pull the plug on those "concessions" as soon as the vote is out of the way!

At least if we vote out they will have to start listening because other countries will I am sure follow our lead.

Offline Letemfly

• Explorer Pro
« Reply #27 on: May 23, 2016, 12:22:30 PM »
*Originally Posted by redmerle [+]
6%!

Taking the automotive industry alone (which has had something of a resurgence in the last decade), it'll be very damaging to the export prospects of major employers such as:

BMW (MINI @ Cowley, Rolls Royce @ Goodwood, Engine production @ Hams Hall and body pressings @ Swindon), Honda (also at Swindon), Toyota, Nissan, Jaguar Land Rover (Castle Bromwich, Solihull and Halewood), Ford (Dagenham, Bridgend & Dunton), Vauxhall (Luton and Ellesmere Port) and of course Triumph (@ Hinckley!).

If anyone thinks that there aren't going to be new trade barriers and that we can open markets elsewhere fast enough to replace those that become much more difficult, or that overseas manufacturers will still be as interested in us without free access to European markets then they will have a rude awakening!

Why shouldn't these companies spend money and effort to protect their investment and the future of their business?

If they impose trade barriers surely we can do the same, they sell more to us than we do to them so think this is another scare story

Offline BlahBlah

• Explorer Pro
  • Bike: S10
  • City / Town: Argyll
« Reply #28 on: May 23, 2016, 12:30:00 PM »
*Originally Posted by Letemfly [+]
If they impose trade barriers surely we can do the same, they sell more to us than we do to them so think this is another scare story

Yeah! Thats the attitude, we will all stop selling stuff to each other and put up trade barriers, That'll solve everything!
If you choose not to decide, then you have still made a decision!

Offline Letemfly

• Explorer Pro
« Reply #29 on: May 23, 2016, 12:33:54 PM »
*Originally Posted by BlahBlah [+]
Yeah! Thats the attitude, we will all stop selling stuff to each other and put up trade barriers, That'll solve everything!

No what I am saying is it won't happen, its another scare story

Recent Topics