Poll

Are you in favour of the U.K. remaining in the EU or would you rather Leave

Remain in the EU
29 (38.2%)
leave the EU
47 (61.8%)

Total Members Voted: 76

Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Are you In or Out  (Read 23043 times)

Offline TotnesSteve

• Explorer Pro
  • Bike: Explorer Xrx
  • City / Town: Totnes
Re: Are you In or Out
« Reply #260 on: March 28, 2019, 07:57:20 AM »
*Originally Posted by Travelman [+]
This comment sums up my point. We can work out what we want but that doesn't mean it's what we get. We can't just leave the EU, we have to negotiate a deal. Until we have a very good idea we will get favourable terms we can't trigger Article 50.

This from 2016 is prescient, don't you think?
--------
If not now, when?

Offline NiK

• Explorer God
  • Bike: Red Skin Mk3
  • City / Town: Marseille
Re: Are you In or Out
« Reply #261 on: March 28, 2019, 08:42:18 AM »
*Originally Posted by TotnesSteve [+]
It's a hugely divisive topic. A bit like Trump in the US.
Your analogy is sound. Our worlds are becoming more and more divided.
The more we come to realize how complex the world really is (as opposed to the "good" old days of cold war, when the bad guys were officially pointed at), the more we regress to a state of simplistic opinions. This naturally leads to simple - yet hard - oppositions.
This can be seen on almost every topic, even on this very forum (Trump decisions, Brexit, deadly weapons available to the general public...).
I think it will be harder and harder to collectively choose a brighter route for that boat we're all on...

On this specific topic, I have friends in the UK. They will remain my friends, even after the no deal exit (which will cost a lot to everyone in the UK and in the EU). It just will be more complicated to visit each others. Yeah, more complications, just what we all needed!
« Last Edit: March 28, 2019, 08:43:56 AM by NiK »

Recent Topics