Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Bike clothing - what do you use?  (Read 6195 times)

Offline The Midnight Rambler

• Explorer Pro
  • Bike: Red Tiger 1200 XrT
  • City / Town: Southampton
Re: Bike clothing - what do you use?
« Reply #20 on: June 12, 2016, 04:54:07 PM »
Most of the time in UK I wear a Rukka armas jacket and a pair of Rukka trousers whos name I don't recall, but they are at least 8 years old and still going strong so not so expensive in the long run. Gloves are Held.
If its hot i wear a Triumph Kalihari jacket, Bullit cargo pants and BMW mesh gloves.
Always Shoei Neotec and Altberg Hoggs.
Of course I talk to myself.
Sometimes I need expert advice.

Offline moggi1964

• Explorer Master
  • Oldish Git
  • Bike: Triumph Explorer
  • City / Town: Sale Cheshire
« Reply #21 on: June 12, 2016, 09:33:44 PM »
Having just moved back from the US where I needed hot gear and cold gear I have this selection:

Winter: Spidi Ergo Pro Expedition Suit with Powerlet heated jacket and glove liners and Rukka (I think) glove. Daytona Road Star Boots

Spring/Autumn: Above when necessary or Triumph Elvis jacket plus Held glove. Daytona Road Star or Dainese TRQ-Tour boots

Summer: Dainese Perforated Leather jacket and pants or Spidi Textile perforated Jacket and pants plus Held Summer glove. Dainese TRQ-Tour boots

Alpinestars waterproof 2 piece suit

Seems to have most everything covered  :156:
Moggi

"To do something well is so worthwhile that to die trying to do it better cannot be foolhardy. It would be a waste of life to do nothing with one's ability, for I feel that life is measured in achievement, not in years alone."
Bruce McLaren

Offline Lopez

• Explorer Pro
  • Bike: XC
  • City / Town: Madrid
« Reply #22 on: June 13, 2016, 07:49:54 AM »
Winter:

Revi't Neptune Goretex:

(That's not me, but my suite is even more dirty than that)

Sidi Adventure Goretex Boots, and Alpinestars Goretex gloves.

Summer:

Dainese summer jacket, with revit summer pants, and Dainese summer gloves.

Offline Dibble

• Explorer Junior
  • Bike: Tiger 1200 Explorer
« Reply #23 on: June 17, 2016, 10:26:57 PM »
I've previously had Hein Gericke GoreTex textiles, but they've finally died. Broken zips and beginning to leak, so I've just invested in Matching Klim Badlands jacket and trousers. It's GoreTex pro and so far, I'm VERY impressed with it. The jacket has enough vents to keep me cool and I prefer the fact it's unlined as I usually "run hot". For winter I'll just stick a Helly Hansen long sleeve top under my t shirt.

Boots are AltBerg and have been utterly fantastic. Not fashionable but completely waterproof and super comfy. I've a variety of gloves including Richa short gloves, Hein Gericke ProSports long kangaroo gloves and Hein Gericke GoreTex for rainy weather.

Current helmet is a Shoei annoyed and I hate it. The visor has leak d from day one no matter who has tried to adjust it, including Shoei technicians. I'm upgrading to a Schuberth E1 any day now.

I've also got Triumph Kevlar jeans (bargain £10, yes, a tenner) from the NEC show a few years back, and a couple of Triumph branded jackets, one really light vented one and a "Steve McQueen" cloth one, both from the Triumph outlet store.

Offline shep

• Explorer Member
  • Bike: explorer 1200
  • City / Town: Brisbane
« Reply #24 on: June 17, 2016, 11:31:14 PM »
clothing is a very personal choice and i guess it depends on the type of riding
weather conditions. As you can imagine in Australia it can get very warm lol
I have the Triumph navigator jacket and trouser set, very flexible with options although it never really gets cold enough to put the quilted lining in.
but its good quality although not that cheap
I have a leather aviator jacket for mid temps, but no good in the rain haha

Offline Icy

• Explorer Master
  • Stationary Traveler
  • Bike: 2014 TEX XC
  • City / Town: New York
« Reply #25 on: June 17, 2016, 11:39:43 PM »
When the weather is below 70F I wear the BMW GS Dry suit - laminated waterproof and keeps me warm to the point that I cannot wear it if it goes anywhere near 70F

and when it is above 70F I wear the BMW Rallye 3

I would wear the pants if I am doing long events, a few days long, camping etc

For day to day summer time, I wear the BMW Summer 3 pants. I love them. I can remove the bottom and they turn into shorts even :)

also, I always wear an inner layer under the pants, no matter what. that layer soaks up the sweat and I feel much better because I can change the layer at the end of the day ie changing your socks at the end of the day

summer time: 3/4 yoga pants
winter time: thermal layer, thin or thick depending on temperature. I don't have heated inner pants so I can go down to 20F with really thick mountaineering base layer under the GS Dry Suit's pants.

"It's easy to learn how to speak, it takes a lot more to learn how to actually say something." ~Icy
http://instagram.com/soksa.icy/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/soksa/
https://www.youtube.com/user/SokSa/videos
http://www.swordclassri.com/

Offline BarnsleyBob

• Explorer Pro
  • Topic Author
  • Bike: Tiger Explorer
  • City / Town: Wymondham
« Reply #26 on: June 20, 2016, 04:23:30 PM »
*Originally Posted by Dibble [+]
I've previously had Hein Gericke GoreTex textiles, but they've finally died. Broken zips and beginning to leak, so I've just invested in Matching Klim Badlands jacket and trousers. It's GoreTex pro and so far, I'm VERY impressed with it. The jacket has enough vents to keep me cool and I prefer the fact it's unlined as I usually "run hot". For winter I'll just stick a Helly Hansen long sleeve top under my t shirt.

Boots are AltBerg and have been utterly fantastic. Not fashionable but completely waterproof and super comfy. I've a variety of gloves including Richa short gloves, Hein Gericke ProSports long kangaroo gloves and Hein Gericke GoreTex for rainy weather.

Current helmet is a Shoei annoyed and I hate it. The visor has leak d from day one no matter who has tried to adjust it, including Shoei technicians. I'm upgrading to a Schuberth E1 any day now.

I've also got Triumph Kevlar jeans (bargain £10, yes, a tenner) from the NEC show a few years back, and a couple of Triumph branded jackets, one really light vented one and a "Steve McQueen" cloth one, both from the Triumph outlet store.

Speaking of helmets, I'm similarly unimpressed with my Arai Tour X4. There's no doubt it's made well, as all Arai & Shoei seem to be (I've had other models of both in the past with no issues) but the visor & vents are particularly disappointing.

The visor on the X4 is a pig to change, needing two plastic screws either side to be undone, a small plastic plate to be removed and then the visor. Quite why they did this when all manufacturers seem to have quick release mechanisms which work well, is beyond me.

The venting is also poor and I can't fathom why. There are no less than three vents on the chin bar, the Arai 'eyebrow' vents on the visor and both intake and exhaust vents on the top of the lid. Despite all of these, the visor mists almost immediately when fully closed. I even tried a Pinlock insert on my clear visor, however no amount of twiddling with the pins will get it to sit completely flush, meaning a small gap at the bottom of if which allows condensation to form inside.

Also, I recently had to ride in the rain with it partly open so I could see which then meant water dripped down the inside from the top!

For a lid costing the best part of £400 I think it's not great, to put it politely. Unfortunately, you only find these issues with lids once you wear them a few times which means no refund. The choice is to put up with it or lose money by selling on eBay etc.

Shame really as I really like the style & fit of it.

Anyway.... some cracking photos on the thread and thanks for all the responses!  :018:
« Last Edit: June 20, 2016, 04:26:23 PM by BarnsleyBob »

Offline 636mick

• Explorer Member
  • Bike: triumph explorer
  • City / Town: rugby
« Reply #27 on: August 22, 2016, 03:57:49 AM »
Having divorced recently, and sold the house so my bank balance looks pretty good, I invested in Rukka jacket and trousers, Cosmic, but bought from a shop in Germany, saved about 50%.
I used them in anger on a trip to a very wet Europe recently, bone dry and all day comfortable. Only drawback is they are heavy!!
For summer, Steve McQueen jacket or Triumph perforated one, Held Kevlar jeans. Boots are Vertimini, very comfy but getting on so I've bought some Triumph ones from the factory outlet, gloves are Richa, different for summer/winter or wet/dry.
Lid is a Schuberth C3 Pro, love it.

Mick.

Offline BarnsleyBob

• Explorer Pro
  • Topic Author
  • Bike: Tiger Explorer
  • City / Town: Wymondham
« Reply #28 on: August 24, 2016, 07:36:08 PM »
*Originally Posted by 636mick [+]
Having divorced recently, and sold the house so my bank balance looks pretty good, I invested in Rukka jacket and trousers, Cosmic, but bought from a shop in Germany, saved about 50%.
I used them in anger on a trip to a very wet Europe recently, bone dry and all day comfortable. Only drawback is they are heavy!!
For summer, Steve McQueen jacket or Triumph perforated one, Held Kevlar jeans. Boots are Vertimini, very comfy but getting on so I've bought some Triumph ones from the factory outlet, gloves are Richa, different for summer/winter or wet/dry.
Lid is a Schuberth C3 Pro, love it.

Mick.

Thanks Mick, I'm definitely considering a Schuberth as and when I change my lid. I've not heard any bad reviews of them.

Suit wise, I'm getting increasingly tempted by the Rev'it line seeing as I can't justify riding to Germany for a Rukka etc. Their 'top 3' seem to be the Dominator, Poseidon & Defender Pro which all get good reviews and, more importantly for the Poseidon & Defender, are just about in my reach price wise.

At least I still have a lot of love for my Forma Adventure boots; comfy and waterproof so I'm pretty chuffed with them!  :018:

Offline Ogri (Trainee)

• Explorer Pro
  • life starts when my daughter finishes University!
  • Bike: Grey Explorer
  • City / Town: Hertfordshire
« Reply #29 on: August 25, 2016, 02:30:16 PM »
Just recently bought some "Moto Skivveez" comfy bike underwear..... Would anyone like to pictures of me modelling them?

Grey Explorer, hand guards, heated grips, fogs, touring screen, heated seat, OEM Panniers and a Garmin Satnav with curvy roads what else do you need?

Recent Topics

nonskid