Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Riser Bars/Rox Etc Explorer XRT 1200  (Read 3769 times)

Offline freefallindan

• Explorer Member
  • Bike: 1200xca
  • City / Town: Mojave
Re: Riser Bars/Rox Etc Explorer XRT 1200
« Reply #10 on: July 25, 2016, 04:21:50 PM »
*Originally Posted by Jon [+]
Mostly for rider comfort. I used to think it was just for us taller folks, but there's a lot of shorties on here that like them too. I've never noticed any different handling characteristics and I've used them on several bikes in the past. Of course I'm not a very technical rider. Your racers may tell you a different story. As you mentioned there's also the standing position advantage. I ride quite a bit of gravel & like to stand where it's unusually soft or deep. In those places I wish I had 6" risers instead of 2"... :169:

Thanks Jon,
I am average height, but boy am I leaned over on this thing more than I'd like to be on long rides, and I'm with you on standing when in the dirt.  I just took a trail ride over the wknd and felt hunched over when on the pegs.  But I also hit quite a bit of sand and had to wrestle with the bike a few times.  Not sure if handling is any different with the risers in cases like that

Offline mrhydea4

• Explorer Member
  • Bike: 2017 Explorer XRT
  • City / Town: Winchester
« Reply #11 on: July 25, 2016, 05:45:28 PM »
*Originally Posted by Frank [+]
Did it require any cable Re-Routing etc ?

Nope, there was enough slack in them to do it without reconfiguring anything

*Originally Posted by Frank [+]
What's your overall verdict on them please.

Thumbs up. Having them laid back lets me sit with my hands resting on the grips rather than leaning into them. I ride almost exclusively on road and only stand up to stretch my legs or get some air, but it makes a big difference over time.

Offline Frank

• Explorer Junior
  • Topic Author
  • Bike: Explorer XRT 1200
  • City / Town: Tenby
« Reply #12 on: July 26, 2016, 12:57:03 AM »
*Originally Posted by mrhydea4 [+]
Nope, there was enough slack in them to do it without reconfiguring anything

Thumbs up. Having them laid back lets me sit with my hands resting on the grips rather than leaning into them. I ride almost exclusively on road and only stand up to stretch my legs or get some air, but it makes a big difference over time.

Thanks, I have found that I am leaning on the bars to much for my liking, so hearing they are easy to fit and a big improvement is good news, I will go ahead and buy some, also good news there is enough slack without it being a major job etc...thanks for the input.

Offline Smudge22

• Explorer Junior
  • Bike: 2018 Tiger XRT
  • City / Town: Toronto
« Reply #13 on: August 07, 2018, 02:51:06 AM »
Fitted 2 inch rox risers on my 2018 xrt and found switch gear wires and hydraulic lines to be a tad on the tight side for my liking. However everything works ok . Had to remove the clutch hydraulic line from the plastic cover which holds it in place, so that its less restricted going from lock to lock.
Just wish Triumph had given us about 1 to 2 inches of more play.
They must know people are going to fit bar risers for a better ergonomic fit.
 Roxs risers are a quality product l would recommend them. Hope this helps.🙂👍

Online Will Morgan

• Explorer Master
  • Bike: Explorer
  • City / Town: Ross on Wye
« Reply #14 on: August 07, 2018, 07:52:26 AM »
*Originally Posted by Smudge22 [+]
Just wish Triumph had given us about 1 to 2 inches of more play.
They must know people are going to fit bar risers for a better ergonomic fit.

:0461:
Triumph tweaked the ergonomics with every new version of the Tex, but every rider is different so it's impossible for them to get it right for everyone. An extra bit of slack in the cables & hoses would be a simple and very welcome improvement for people who don't fit Triumph's Mr Average template. I've recently found out an associate's daughter is one of their designers so I'll suggest it!

Offline Icy

• Explorer Master
  • Stationary Traveler
  • Bike: 2018 TEX XCx
  • City / Town: New York
« Reply #15 on: November 05, 2018, 01:21:34 PM »
Now that I am on the 2018 XCx I am having a banging time with the apparent inability to install a pair of  :232: ROX risers on this thing as well. Why o why? The cables are sooo tight.  :232: :232: :232:
"It's easy to learn how to speak, it takes a lot more to learn how to actually say something." ~Icy
http://instagram.com/soksa.icy/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/soksa/
https://www.youtube.com/user/SokSa/videos
http://www.swordclassri.com/

Offline CaptainTrips

• Explorer God
  • Bike: '13 Explorer
  • City / Town: Vancouver(ish)
« Reply #16 on: November 05, 2018, 04:25:27 PM »
*Originally Posted by Icy [+]
Now that I am on the 2018 XCx I am having a banging time with the apparent inability to install a pair of  :232: ROX risers on this thing as well. Why o why? The cables are sooo tight.  :232: :232: :232:
Check here for more current info:

https://www.tiger-explorer.com/index.php/topic,16907.0.html
"The test of the machine is the satisfaction it gives you. There isn't any other test."   --   Robert M. Pirsig

Offline pcarnut

• Explorer Pro
  • City / Town: Carlsbad
« Reply #17 on: November 05, 2018, 04:40:35 PM »
*Originally Posted by Icy [+]
  Just put them on my 2018 and it does take a bit of fiddling to arrange the cables but they do fit.  I took off the wire clutch cable clip, the plastic cover pops off and the wire comes out, then took the cables out of the plastic wings on each side and let them float on their own.  Added a zip tie to each side and the cable are nice and secure. 

My big concern is that on full lock, when adjusted to suit my reach, the switch gear comes within about 3/4 in. of the tank.  I'm concerned that even a gentle drop at standstill will flex the bars enough to dent the tank.  Just have to make sure I never drop it I guess.  :015:
2018 T12, 2014 TEx, 2011 1050

Offline Chippy4467

• Explorer Pro
  • Bike: Explorer
  • City / Town: Midsomer Norton
« Reply #18 on: November 07, 2018, 07:06:56 PM »
*Originally Posted by Icy

Just put them on my 2018 and it does take a bit of fiddling to arrange the cables but they do fit.  I took off the wire clutch cable clip, the plastic cover pops off and the wire comes out, then took the cables out of the plastic wings on each side and let them float on their own.  Added a zip tie to each side and the cable are nice and secure.   :440:
Strangely had same problem on my Gen1 - had to re-route clutch hose slightly. Late Gen2 XRT clutch is fine as fitted from the factory

Chippy
Chippy

Dream big, get things done and change the world
No trees were killed in the sending of this message, but a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.......

Offline Stillwobbling

• Explorer Pro
  • Bike: Explorer XCa 2017
  • City / Town: EastMids
« Reply #19 on: November 08, 2018, 09:29:09 AM »
I fitted these this morning. It's true the Rox product looks beautiful but I just wanted a simple low cost solution that I could try and evaluate the difference in reach. I was going to machine some up myself when I found these complete with the longer cap heads for only $42 (£33) delivered. Pretty easy to sell on and get the money back if I decided that I didn't like them or wanted to go a bit more fancy. Fitted perfectly and of course there's no need to move the bars in the top clamp. You just take out the main mounting bolts, put the spacers and longer bolts back in and torque them back up. Having read this and other threads I recognised the issues that others were having re too much weight on their hands and so on. As soon as I can, I'll be going for a spin.

They came in a couple of days.

Recent Topics

nonskid