Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Where to mount the power block  (Read 1468 times)

Offline SteveTalaga

• Explorer Pro
  • Topic Author
  • Bike: 2015 TEx XC
  • City / Town: Manila
Where to mount the power block
« on: December 07, 2016, 01:21:44 PM »
I bought a power block recently from Mark and some time soon hope to get around to fitting it. Where have others mounted your power blocks? I guess under the seat near the battery is an obvious choice, but most of the things I will power from it are at the front of the bike. If I mount the power block at the front then I can avoid running multiple cables from the front to the back.... But where to mount it?
1-Pot: Kawasaki KLR650  2-Pots: Aprilia ETV1000  3-Pots: Triumph 1200XC  4-Pots: Kawasaki ZX12R
If you have integrity, nothing else matters. If you don't have integrity, nothing else matters.

Online Will Morgan

• Explorer Master
  • Bike: Explorer
  • City / Town: Ross on Wye
Re: Where to mount the power block
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2016, 02:18:21 PM »
If you want to avoid multiple cables use caravan or trailer tow hitch cable?
http://www.vehicle-wiring-products.eu/product.php/427/trailer-cable

Offline SteveTalaga

• Explorer Pro
  • Topic Author
  • Bike: 2015 TEx XC
  • City / Town: Manila
Re: Where to mount the power block
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2016, 02:28:37 PM »
Interesting.... Not thought of that one before but I like it. I wonder how much this would negate the advantage of having the power block, as you would still end up with a bundle of cable joints to do at the front end of the bike.... But it is definitely food for thought. Thanks  :031:
1-Pot: Kawasaki KLR650  2-Pots: Aprilia ETV1000  3-Pots: Triumph 1200XC  4-Pots: Kawasaki ZX12R
If you have integrity, nothing else matters. If you don't have integrity, nothing else matters.

Recent Topics

nonskid