Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Rukka Armaxis vs Armaxion  (Read 3029 times)

Offline DannyB

• Explorer Member
  • Topic Author
  • Bike: TEX
  • City / Town: Tadworth
Rukka Armaxis vs Armaxion
« on: January 11, 2017, 09:52:50 AM »
Hi all,

After the recent downpours and realising my waterproofs really aren't I'm looking at a new set of Textile gear, I've been pointed towards the Rukka stuff and looking online think I'm down to either the Armaxion or the Armaxis. However other than price struggling to find any real comparisons or differences, does anyone know what the differences are?

Also anyone know anywhere that will have stock of the larger sizes as I'm not going to spend that kind of money unless I know it's going to fit! I guess if anyone knows anywhere doing a deal on the Jacket and Trouser set?

Thanks for any advice

Danny

Offline Will Morgan

• Explorer Master
  • Bike: Explorer
  • City / Town: Ross on Wye
Re: Rukka Armaxis vs Armaxion
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2017, 10:24:50 AM »
Forum member Jenks sells Rukka at good prices and should know the differences between the 2 suits.  If you do a search for "Rukka" & by user "Jenks" you should be able to find his contact details.

Offline oxidefilm

• Explorer Pro
  • Bike: '13 Tex
  • City / Town: NYC
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2017, 11:24:04 AM »
In my experience, no suit is totally waterproof.  I have a 1 piece AeroStich that holds off the water well but will leak under steady rain or downpours.  I carry a BMW rain over-suit for such an occasion.  They cost less than $100 and are completely waterproof.

Offline Hax

• Explorer Pro
  • Bike: '19 XRX
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2017, 04:47:09 PM »
*Originally Posted by Will Morgan [+]
Forum member Jenks sells Rukka at good prices and should know the differences between the 2 suits.  If you do a search for "Rukka" & by user "Jenks" you should be able to find his contact details.

:0461: Jenks is a top bloke. Looked after me very well.

Seen this link? https://www.tiger-explorer.com/index.php/topic,14759.0.html

Offline s187942

• Explorer Member
  • Bike: Explorer XC
  • City / Town: Ascot
« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2017, 06:50:29 PM »
I asked the same question and Jenks posted this for me.

"1). The ArmaS, top of. The range suit, which has the aqua seal front main zip, and anti abrasion pads on the shoulders,elbow, hips and knees   This suit is being discontinued at the end of the year, hence some good deals about, but not all sizes are now available.

2) The Armaxis Jacket /Armaxion trouser suit, better ventilation than the Armaxion, and without the abrasion pads of the ArmaS.  Some extra style detailing on the front.  This is the most popular suit in the range

3) The Armaxion suit, lacks the extra ventation and style detailing of the above, but £100 cheaper than the Armaxis suit.

4) The Navigator, the latest in the range, same extra ventilation as the Armaxis, but slightly longer in the body, ( the jacket sits on the hips)  The trouser has a leg pocket, which is useful) same price as the Armaxis."

Hope this helps.

T Sprint 1050 x3
T Tiger 1050 (roadie) x 1
Tex

Offline littleade

• Explorer Pro
  • Bike: A German twin thing
  • City / Town: Kidderminster
« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2017, 12:19:40 AM »
Check if they have different removable liners. I think the armaxion has a thermal liner and the armaxis an outlast one?

Offline unsubtle

• Explorer Master
  • Improving impact velocity since 1904
  • Bike: Explorer
  • City / Town: Reading
« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2017, 03:22:49 AM »
*Originally Posted by oxidefilm [+]
In my experience, no suit is totally waterproof.

I've had a Rukka Cosmic suit (from Jenks) which I've had for about 18 months. I wear the jacket almost daily. So far the suit is completely waterproof in the worst of British weather, despite having several vents which can be opened. It's not flawless - very recently the outer (waterproof) zip has separated from its tape at the top of its run, and I'll have to see whether that's covered under guarantee or get it fixed myself. Also the loops holding the sleeves of the thermal liner are an embuggerance (although I only need to use that for long distances in extremely cold weather). However it's comfortable, warm, watertight and appears to be tough and armoured enough to be safe. I'm happy with it.

Offline DannyB

• Explorer Member
  • Topic Author
  • Bike: TEX
  • City / Town: Tadworth
« Reply #7 on: January 12, 2017, 04:45:11 PM »
Thanks for the advice all, just come off the phone to Jenks and ordered a Navigator suit.

Bring on the wet (but not the snow that's just started, that's too hard core even for me!)

Danny

Offline littleade

• Explorer Pro
  • Bike: A German twin thing
  • City / Town: Kidderminster
« Reply #8 on: January 12, 2017, 05:22:04 PM »
*Originally Posted by DannyB [+]
Thanks for the advice all, just come off the phone to Jenks and ordered a Navigator suit.

Bring on the wet (but not the snow that's just started, that's too hard core even for me!)

Danny

Nice one. I have a Cosmic suit and have been caught out in some really heavy rain a number of times while touring the UK in the last 12 months and it's never leaked so I'm sure you'll be really pleased with your new kit :028:

Offline JENKS

• Explorer Pro
  • Bike: Explorer,
  • City / Town: west sussex
« Reply #9 on: January 18, 2017, 10:40:44 AM »
Sorry I have only just seen this post, Unsubtle, please do call me when you have a spare moment, your zip is covered by warranty. 

Just an update, ArmaS suits are now discontinued, but we have its replacement in stock, called the Nivala.  It's quite an upgrade over the ArmaS, I will do a full report over the next few days.    We also have the new ORIVESI suit, which is still a 4 season suit, but with the emphasis on Spring, Summer, Autumn. So a perfect suit for the summer rider. 

Regards. Jenks.

Recent Topics

nonskid