Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Rukka Armaxion Jacket from Jenks  (Read 950 times)

Offline owl

• Explorer Pro
  • Topic Author
  • Bike: KTM 1290 SDR+ Tex XC
  • City / Town: Canterbury
Rukka Armaxion Jacket from Jenks
« on: March 14, 2017, 09:20:21 PM »
I bit the bullet and bought an Armaxion jacket from Jenks a couple of months back. Killer price, but still expensive.

I have a Lindstraands suit that I've been wearing for the past 6 or 7 years, and although it's good, it's been past its best for the last couple of them, hence the purchase.

I've only managed to ride a few hundred miles since the purchase, but I must say I can see why their gear costs so much. The attention to detail is very impressive and the thing reeks of quality. Top notch armour, including a back protector comes as standard.

The only rain I've encountered has been moderate, but not a single drop got through (as I would expect). I've ridden more in temps just above freezing, and I have not needed to wear my heated Gerbings under jacket at all.

The Rukka Armaxion has a zip out inner jacket that is more like a fleece, which is toasty, and is certainly good enough to wear on its own if you want to shed the outer jacket and go out somewhere.

All I have to do now is save a few bob and buy the trousers to match.

Offline Travelman

• Explorer Master
  • Bike: KTM Superduke/ FJR
  • City / Town: South Shields
Re: Rukka Armaxion Jacket from Jenks
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2017, 09:46:17 PM »
I've just checked out the Armaxion jacket and it looks one serious piece of kit. Rukka is expensive but it's amongst the best you can buy. To quote a favourite saying from an old marketing slogan

"Quality is remembered long after price is forgotten".
I know we have no free will, but I enjoy the delusion

Offline JENKS

• Explorer Pro
  • Bike: Explorer,
  • City / Town: west sussex
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2017, 06:10:19 PM »
Tom,

So glad that you are pleased with your purchase, let me know when you want the trousers to match.   

Jenks.

Offline Bikerbuk

• Explorer Master
  • Musical Prostitute - You pay, I play!
  • Bike: Triumph Explorer
  • City / Town: Lanarkshire Scotland
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2017, 07:47:01 PM »
I've just made a similar purchase.   I went for the navigator jacket, but got to agree they are extremely good products.    I purchased mine on the Friday and the following Wednesday I was on a tour to Spain and back up through France.    Riding from Glasgow to Portsmouth was a bit arduous with driving rain and the M6 down to 2 Lanes due to snow in the Lake district.   Following the 24 hour Santander ferry we arrived in Spain to more torrential rain and 75 miles of driving snow.     Throughout all this, not a drop of wet reached my skin.    The clever cuff design is brilliant and works a treat.    The only thing I couldn't get to grips with was the storm collar.    I removed it and reverted to a neck tube.     Very pleased with my investment.
There comes a time in everyone's life when it pays to:   Never pass a toilet, never waste a hardon and never trust a fart!

Offline owl

• Explorer Pro
  • Topic Author
  • Bike: KTM 1290 SDR+ Tex XC
  • City / Town: Canterbury
« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2017, 08:04:11 PM »
I found the storm collar was at first a bit difficult to get used to. Once I got the hang of tucking it inside the bottom of my helmet, it worked a treat. 

Recent Topics

nonskid