Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Mitas E07 on 2014 TEx - an update  (Read 1130 times)

Offline FL_Explorer

• Explorer Master
  • Topic Author
  • Never take a laxative & a sleeping pill together
  • Bike: '14 Tiger Explorer
  • City / Town: Dade City, FL
Mitas E07 on 2014 TEx - an update
« on: April 11, 2017, 07:30:35 PM »
So, it has been since July of 2016 that I mounted the Mitas E07s on my TEx.  In that time, I've ridden about 5,500 miles on them.  Verdict?  I like them, quite a bit.  I'll definitely buy them again, although likely not for the next set.  I have a new Pirelli sitting at the house for the rear, so I'll likely use them for the summer.

Here are the Mitas tires when I bought them:

And here is the rear as of today:

The front is wearing quite nicely, but the rear seems to be speeding toward and earlier demise.  I can predict that I'll probably get another 2,000 miles or so from the rear based on the rubber left at the wear bar indicators:

The tire does act a little squirrelly in the rear these days.  It slips a little bit on the flat section of smooth rubber.  They've worked very well on the off-road stuff I have access to ride, but they do suffer a little bit in sugar sand; however, all but true dirt bike tires suffer there.

If I could change anything, I might ask Mitas to go back and revert to the rear tire without the solid band of rubber going the circumference of it.
Ride safe, and ride often!
Keith

Offline Dick63

• Explorer Master
  • "The Mountains are Calling ... And I Must Go."
  • Bike: 2013 Blue TEx
  • City / Town: Centerville, OH
Re: Mitas E07 on 2014 TEx - an update
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2017, 07:41:18 PM »
Keith

Good to know you are happy with Mitas tires.  Also good to see that for your next set, you are considering something more biased towards on
-road.

How hard would it be to get you to try out and report on the NEW Mitas Terre Force-R?   (Hint:  see Revzilla)  They look pretty interesting ... 

« Last Edit: April 11, 2017, 07:43:28 PM by Dick63 »
Dick63

Offline FL_Explorer

• Explorer Master
  • Topic Author
  • Never take a laxative & a sleeping pill together
  • Bike: '14 Tiger Explorer
  • City / Town: Dade City, FL
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2017, 08:54:38 PM »
*Originally Posted by Dick63 [+]
Keith

Good to know you are happy with Mitas tires.  Also good to see that for your next set, you are considering something more biased towards on
-road.

How hard would it be to get you to try out and report on the NEW Mitas Terre Force-R?   (Hint:  see Revzilla)  They look pretty interesting ...
I'm not sure about them... From the single review that is online right now, they don't look like promising tires - particularly not in wet weather.

Should I change my mind, I will gladly post it up here! 
Ride safe, and ride often!
Keith

Offline Graybush

• Explorer Pro
  • Thundercat
  • Bike: Tiger Explorer
  • City / Town: Pensacola, FL
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2017, 01:50:48 AM »
I only have a few hundred miles or so on mine, but so far I really like them.  They are really easy and fun to spin and slide in the dirt, so I know they aren't long for this world if I don't cut it out.

Offline pmckinnon

• Explorer Master
  • High Country ride
  • Bike: EXP 2012 Blue
  • City / Town: Sunbury
« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2017, 11:52:49 AM »
Have got around 12000 km out of my front and about 6k out of the rear with heaps of dirt riding so ive ordered the next set as am very happy with there performance Pete

Offline OLAFEE

• Explorer Member
  • Back roads only
  • Bike: XCA 2017
  • City / Town: MIAMI
« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2019, 04:54:03 AM »
Hi guys, Mitas 07s are great tires. Great. I'm an awful dirt rider and had to go on a long trip with lots of 50-50 situations and I felt great on them. About 8K miles and I did middle of the ground difficulty and felt great (perhaps the bike didn't say the same about me!).

I used the stronger version.

Recommended for sure

Online Icy

• Explorer Master
  • Stationary Traveler
  • Bike: 2018 TEX XCx
  • City / Town: New York
« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2019, 12:59:25 PM »
 :028: :0461:
"It's easy to learn how to speak, it takes a lot more to learn how to actually say something." ~Icy
http://instagram.com/soksa.icy/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/soksa/
https://www.youtube.com/user/SokSa/videos
http://www.swordclassri.com/

Offline Sidi1200

• Explorer Pro
  • Bike: Phantom Explorer
  • City / Town: Sydney
« Reply #7 on: February 22, 2019, 10:25:10 PM »
MITAS 09 Enduro
I have had Many High Capacity Bike, Dual Purpose Brand tires on my TEX 1200.
From Metzler Road radial, Scorpion Trail, (Aus Trip 2018, 20,000kms) all the way up to Full Endure style MITAS 09.

I ride long distances on all kinds of surfaces.
So far, the most fun I have had, is on the recent Mitas 09. 20/80, road / dirt
They tip in more quickly, than anything I had before on the sealed road. Probably because of the more rounded, higher profile. Therefore, I break less aggressively into tight corners and roll around the radius and out the other side, on the power. So, they are quicker, more confidence inspiring on tar. On fast sweepers, No difference to the standard road 80/20 radial.

Of course, in the dirt …. Wow ! On forest tracks, they tractor on very well. On rough Unsealed tracks, they give me so much more feel and confidence to push, and be quicker in and out of the tight radius corners. I can certainly lay the Big Cat further over and use the sides of the big block MITAS 09, and have lots of confidence. On Public, Dual Track Unsurfaced Roads, the MITAS’ turn them into freeways.

Comfort ? Well… they are noisy on the Tar…. Vibration is not noticeable at freeway speeds. 120kph.
Longevity… ???
The pundants say I’m 50% gone on Tire usage.. this is what they look like after 1100ks from new, (That was one days ride)

Anyone can make it complicated..... Its pure Genius to make it Simple....
A Scotsman once told me that "the best glass to drink whisky out of, is the one that doesn't leak"

Online Jon

• Explorer God
  • Bike: 2012 TEX
  • City / Town: Harlan, Iowa
« Reply #8 on: February 23, 2019, 02:50:38 AM »
Hey Sidi, I see the 09s are getting some stress cracking in the carcass. I'd keep a sharp eye on those... :034:
Jon

Recent Topics

nonskid