Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Navigator trouser shortening?  (Read 444 times)

Offline kwacka

• Explorer Master
  • Topic Author
  • remain rigidly flexible!!
  • Bike: TEx + BMW R1150GS
  • City / Town: Portsmuff
Navigator trouser shortening?
« on: June 04, 2017, 05:56:19 PM »
Evening All,

As the title says, has anyone had trousers professionally shortened? I have a pair of navigator trousers which are about 2" too long - don't know why T couldn't offer them in different lengths but they don't.
If I can't get them shortened then might look for some Rukka trousers, at least they're offered in 3 different lengths.
Thanks, kwacka

Offline capt_ted

• Explorer Master
  • Bike: Kawasaki Versys 1000
  • City / Town: Gainesville,FL
Re: Navigator trouser shortening?
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2017, 07:18:16 PM »
There is a place in California, USA called Motoport. You send them a pair of your favorite jeans and they (a whole lot of time later) will send you a pair of kevlar fabric or kevlar mesh front exact copy of your pair of jeans with them also returned. Fit is perfect and perhaps the safest pair of motorcycle pants ever made.
I've had a few back and forth of getting it right but when done it's fit perfection.

http://www.motoport.com/product/air-mesh-street-jeans/

Don't know if shipping from California to your side of the little pond is feasible but they sure are nice pants.

Offline wessie

• Ex Member
  • Bike: 2017 XCX
  • City / Town: CHELTENHAM
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2017, 10:34:47 PM »
is the knee armour aligned? No point altering them if the knee/shin armour is resting on your boot like a cricket pad!

Offline JENKS

• Explorer Pro
  • Bike: Explorer,
  • City / Town: west sussex
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2017, 01:26:02 PM »
Personally I wouldn't recommend it as any repair/ alteration as it will not necessarily be water proof.  As Wessie says, the knee armour has to be in the right place once you are sat on your bike,

As you say Rukka do 3 lengths in Trouser, 32" inside length being average, the shorter 2.5" shorter through the whole leg ( not just cut off the bottom of the trouser) the long being 2.5 longer.   

Hope that helps

Jenks

Offline kwacka

• Explorer Master
  • Topic Author
  • remain rigidly flexible!!
  • Bike: TEx + BMW R1150GS
  • City / Town: Portsmuff
« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2017, 05:39:22 PM »
Thanks for the replies, I can't find a tailor locally that will take it on. As far as the armour goes, that is adjustable for height so not really a problem. Why do they do that but not offer different leg lengths?
Might have to bite the bullet and go Rukka.

Offline JENKS

• Explorer Pro
  • Bike: Explorer,
  • City / Town: west sussex
« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2017, 10:33:02 AM »
If you want to call me, I might be able to do a PX deal on a new pair of Rukka trousers

Jenks

Recent Topics