Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: 'Conditions not met'  (Read 1746 times)

Online unsubtle

• Explorer Pro
  • Improving impact velocity since 1904
  • Bike: Explorer
  • City / Town: Reading
Re: 'Conditions not met'
« Reply #20 on: August 12, 2017, 08:43:57 PM »
*Originally Posted by Rodders [+]
I've never seen or felt the TC working, so it seems a bit unnecessary!

The TC is not as obvious as the ABS until you notice your bike doing stuff which should be impossible. Most recently for me was about 6m back when I gave the bike (a Mk 1) a handful going around a wet roundabout and the back end stepped out. Not really a big deal - I'd usually just back off the throttle and mutter a few choice words behind the vizor. Before I could do that, the TEX backed off the power enough to hold the bike in a steady state with the back end hanging out about six inches and squealing. It stayed like that until my exit. Now I know there are people who have the skills to do that - I don't. That was the bike handling it.

Further back, I was going round the south of Dartmoor on a minor road. I looked down at my satnav just as a group of walkers came out on to the road. In avoiding them, I ran wide on a right hand bend, on to the wet grass which sloped down towards a rocky stream. "Oh bother", said Pooh "I'm going to have to ask those walkers to help me get the remains of my bike out of that stream". But the bike got a bit further round the bend, and I thought there might be a chance of it just sliding out on the grass. Then it completed the turn back on to the road with no drama at all. Bikes don't work like that in my experience - but the TEX does.

Offline SteveTalaga

• Explorer Pro
  • Bike: 2015 TEx XC
  • City / Town: Manila
« Reply #21 on: August 13, 2017, 04:59:34 AM »
*Originally Posted by unsubtle [+]
..... Bikes don't work like that in my experience - but the TEX does.
Even more reasons to love these bikes :152:
1-Pot: Kawasaki KLR650  2-Pots: Aprilia ETV1000  3-Pots: Triumph 1200XC  4-Pots: Kawasaki ZX12R
If you have integrity, nothing else matters. If you don't have integrity, nothing else matters.

Offline wrinkley

• Explorer Pro
  • Bike: 2015 Explorer
  • City / Town: Beverley
« Reply #22 on: August 13, 2017, 07:18:44 AM »
Early last year I was considering swapping my 2015 gen 1 bike for a Gen 2, but having continuously owned and ridden bikes for over 45yrs really did not want or feel I needed all the electronic nonsense and would have opted for the basic bike. In the end it turned out that it was just not going to be economically viable to swap so I stayed with my very nice Gen 1.

Fast forward a couple of months and my dealer contacted me to say he had an XCX he was able to do me a very good deal on.
It was a good deal and I decided that if I swapped it in the future the electronics would be a good thing as most folks would expect it. As for me I could just set it up and leave it.

I picked the bike up, set the suspension in road mode and one click toward sport. Lovely, suspension was very nice, much nicer than my Gen 1, That'll do me thinks I, I'll just leave it there.

Couple of days later I'm on a tight gnarly road that I've ridden hundreds of times and the bike did not feel as nice as my old one. In a nutshell if felt a bit of a handful.

I pulled over had a think for a couple of minutes and decided to put it in rain mode and one click down toward the comfort setting.
I kid you not I could not believe the difference, never had I ridden a bike that cover that road as effortlessly as this was doing.

I spent the next few days messing with the suspension and getting used to changing it and to be honest I can do it now without even looking.

I suppose the moral of the story is 'Don't knock it till you've tried it'

There was no one more anti electronic gadgets than me (I don't even use a mobile phone) but I've embraced the world of TSAS and to be honest my ridings more enjoyable for it.

Offline SteveTalaga

• Explorer Pro
  • Bike: 2015 TEx XC
  • City / Town: Manila
« Reply #23 on: August 14, 2017, 01:50:16 PM »
Hey Wrinkley... that's great to hear. Very little chance of a Mk2 arriving here in the near future but if one does, I'd be very pleased to add it to the stable.

So compared to the Mk1... there's a noticeable difference.
1-Pot: Kawasaki KLR650  2-Pots: Aprilia ETV1000  3-Pots: Triumph 1200XC  4-Pots: Kawasaki ZX12R
If you have integrity, nothing else matters. If you don't have integrity, nothing else matters.

Offline NiK

• Explorer God
  • Bike: Red Skin
  • City / Town: Marseille
« Reply #24 on: August 16, 2017, 02:56:48 PM »
*Originally Posted by Rodders [+]
I've never seen or felt the TC working, so it seems a bit unnecessary!
I never had my helmet touch any ground. Still it seems definitely necessary to me.

Recent Topics

nonskid