Poll

What brand are you replacing with your Triumph Explorer 1200?

Honda
45 (12.9%)
Yamaha
17 (4.9%)
Suzuki
29 (8.3%)
Kawasaki
24 (6.9%)
Harley Davidson
14 (4%)
Triumph
123 (35.1%)
KTM
6 (1.7%)
Buell
2 (0.6%)
BMW
37 (10.6%)
Victory
1 (0.3%)
Ducatti
8 (2.3%)
Moto Guzzi
4 (1.1%)
Aprillia
3 (0.9%)
Hyosung
0 (0%)
Explorer 1200 is an addition to my existing stable of bikes
34 (9.7%)
This is my first bike
1 (0.3%)
Other
2 (0.6%)

Total Members Voted: 349

Author Topic: Before my Explorer 1200 I rode brand xxxx  (Read 22349 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

#150

Offline Triple3

  • Explorer Member
  • **
  • Posts: 65
  • Bike: Tiger 1200XR
  • City / Town: Newcastle
Re: Before my Explorer 1200 I rode brand xxxx
Reply #150 on: September 04, 2021, 01:12:18 PM
Triumph ST1050, rode all over Europe two up. I now realise how comfortable the Tiger1200 is for long distance.

#151

Offline mr-sheene

  • Explorer Member
  • **
  • Posts: 32
  • Bike: XRT
  • City / Town: Colchester, Essex
Re: Before my Explorer 1200 I rode brand xxxx
Reply #151 on: September 08, 2021, 08:45:19 AM
I was riding a 2003 Aprilia Falco prior to trading it in for my XRt in 2018. Falco was a beautiful machine, lovely to ride and sounded superb with the Blueflame silencers. However, the comfort of the XRt is fantastic along with all the other creature comforts of course. I can now actually walk around upright after getting off the bike after 150 miles rather than falling off the Falco with cramp.

#152

Offline sirsidneyrd

  • Explorer Master
  • ****
  • Posts: 1505
  • Bike: X12-Laverda Jota
  • City / Town: Cotswolds
  • Country: gb
Re: Before my Explorer 1200 I rode brand xxxx
Reply #152 on: September 08, 2021, 10:16:11 AM
*Originally Posted by mr-sheene [+]
I was riding a 2003 Aprilia Falco prior to trading it in for my XRt in 2018. Falco was a beautiful machine, lovely to ride and sounded superb with the Blueflame silencers. However, the comfort of the XRt is fantastic along with all the other creature comforts of course. I can now actually walk around upright after getting off the bike after 150 miles rather than falling off the Falco with cramp.

That’s a great reason ! 🤣
Tiffen - splendid idea - in the lunge

#153

Offline BenDu57

  • Explorer Junior
  • *
  • Posts: 1
  • Bike: Tiger 1200 2021 SE
  • City / Town: Volmerange-les-Mines
  • Country: fr
Re: Before my Explorer 1200 I rode brand xxxx
Reply #153 on: September 16, 2021, 08:17:49 AM
I am coming from a Kawasaki Versys 1000.
No regret.

#154

Offline Speedy

  • Explorer Member
  • **
  • Posts: 72
  • Near Blackpool... But NOT TOO near !
  • Bike: 2017 Explorer XRx
  • City / Town: Near Blackpool
  • Country: gb
Re: Before my Explorer 1200 I rode brand xxxx
Reply #154 on: September 17, 2021, 05:01:52 AM
I will be officially Part exchanging my 2010 Honda CB1300 on the 24th of Sept (1 week to go)..
This will be my 1st Triumph.. A 2017 Explorer XRx low with 6,700 miles
 :002:
Power is How Hard you hit the Wall. . . .
Torque is How Far you take the Wall with you !

#155

Offline Jon

  • Explorer God
  • *****
  • Posts: 6839
  • Bike: 2012 TEX
  • City / Town: Harlan, Iowa
  • Country: us
Re: Before my Explorer 1200 I rode brand xxxx
Reply #155 on: September 17, 2021, 02:45:40 PM
*Originally Posted by Speedy [+]
I will be officially Part exchanging my 2010 Honda CB1300 on the 24th of Sept (1 week to go)..
This will be my 1st Triumph.. A 2017 Explorer XRx low with 6,700 miles
 :002:

You thought last year drug on forever. You're in for one of the longest weeks of your life... :015:
But it will be worth the wait! :152:
Jon

#156

Offline Speedy

  • Explorer Member
  • **
  • Posts: 72
  • Near Blackpool... But NOT TOO near !
  • Bike: 2017 Explorer XRx
  • City / Town: Near Blackpool
  • Country: gb
Re: Before my Explorer 1200 I rode brand xxxx
Reply #156 on: September 17, 2021, 03:41:18 PM
*Originally Posted by Jon [+]
You thought last year drug on forever. You're in for one of the longest weeks of your life... :015:
But it will be worth the wait! :152:

Thanks for that Jon. 
You are so right.
Time is dragging !!
Power is How Hard you hit the Wall. . . .
Torque is How Far you take the Wall with you !