Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: New Explorer in 2018  (Read 7744 times)

Offline Theelepel

• Explorer Junior
  • City / Town: NIJMEGEN
Re: New Explorer in 2018
« Reply #20 on: August 13, 2017, 10:05:13 AM »
I found this... Appears there will be a low model for the explorer.... http://www.totalmotorcycle.com/motorcycles/2018/Triumph-models
That kinda makes sense, they're not updating a model that's been around 1,5 years are they..... I hope not, just ordered one for delivery next year(will not ride in winter, and due to circumstances cannot ride until oktober, which is kinda winter here in the Netherlands)

Offline CaptainTrips

• Explorer Master
  • Bike: '13 Explorer
  • City / Town: Vancouver(ish)
« Reply #21 on: August 13, 2017, 04:43:58 PM »
That should be fairly easy. All they have to do is put shorter suspension on it and shave most of the padding off of the seat. What's not to like  :038:
"The test of the machine is the satisfaction it gives you. There isn't any other test."   --   Robert M. Pirsig

Offline tigershane

• Explorer Member
  • Bike: tiger explorer
  • City / Town: Laurel
« Reply #22 on: August 16, 2017, 09:19:38 PM »

Offline flyingz06

• Explorer Member
  • Bike: 2017 Exployer 1200
  • City / Town: Indiana
« Reply #23 on: August 21, 2017, 01:43:25 AM »
you're dealer is full of crap.  lol.    the trophy se has already been killed and your link says its around for 2018.  all dealers already know the trophy se is dead.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2017, 01:45:50 AM by flyingz06 »

Offline GJ-Tiger

• Explorer Member
  • Bike: XRT
  • City / Town: Bromley
« Reply #24 on: August 21, 2017, 06:41:01 AM »
*Originally Posted by flyingz06 [+]
The trophy se has already been killed and your link says its around for 2018.  all dealers already know the trophy se is dead.

Agree is why I traded my Trophy SE in as they stopped manufacturing the T-SE in March. Challenge your dealers and maybe send a email to Triumph asking the question so when they reply you can use it and name and shame.
Enjoy life before it ends 😀

Offline tigershane

• Explorer Member
  • Bike: tiger explorer
  • City / Town: Laurel

Offline Hawkeye

• Explorer Pro
  • Bike: Explorer XRx Low
  • City / Town: Billericay
« Reply #26 on: August 21, 2017, 12:23:14 PM »
*Originally Posted by Theelepel [+]
I found this... Appears there will be a low model for the explorer.... http://www.totalmotorcycle.com/motorcycles/2018/Triumph-models
That kinda makes sense, they're not updating a model that's been around 1,5 years are they..... I hope not, just ordered one for delivery next year(will not ride in winter, and due to circumstances cannot ride until oktober, which is kinda winter here in the Netherlands)

Gen-2 XRX-Low and XCX-Low came out in 2016. They are the only "Low" models Triumph do of the Explorer currently (unless they add an XRT-Low or XCA-Low as well). 52mm lower than the "standard" machines (Low seat as standard and lower suspension units)

Offline Explorergaz

• Explorer Member
  • Bike: explorer xr
  • City / Town: Northampton,Eng
« Reply #27 on: August 21, 2017, 11:15:14 PM »
The tiger 800 is going to be a 900 next year,speculation is one of the new 900 variants will be a shaft,can't see it myself.

Offline russ999rocket

• Explorer Pro
  • Bike: Explorer 1200 XRX
  • City / Town: Swindon
« Reply #28 on: September 23, 2017, 08:32:18 PM »
I was told today at a Triumph dealer that 2017 Explorers are in very short supply at the factory and that some variants are out of stock.

He said that there may be a 1290+ cc model in the pipeline along with a new plastic tank to lower the weight.

He also confirmed that the 800 is going up to around 900cc
If it ain't broke don't fix it

Offline dudleyperkins

• Explorer Member
  • Bike: Explorer1200
  • City / Town: Buckley
« Reply #29 on: September 24, 2017, 11:43:27 AM »
It's apparently the 800 range which is having an update using the new 765 engine.
The existing Explorer range is seen as too heavy though it's hard to see where they can save much weight.
The Trophy was certainly too heavy and they have stopped making it. It can't be due to Euro 4 regulations as the Explorer complies, using the same engine.
Is it my imagination, or are Triumph concentrating on twin cylinder "classic" models. Plenty of new versions in the last year.
The big adventure bikes are very popular, perhaps Triumph will buck the trend with something much lighter.

Recent Topics

nonskid