Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Gen 2 XRT Lowering  (Read 5074 times)

Offline TotnesSteve

• Explorer Pro
  • Bike: Explorer Xrx
  • City / Town: Totnes
Re: Gen 2 XRT Lowering
« Reply #40 on: May 11, 2018, 08:37:26 AM »
I have just noticed that Lust Racing now make a replacement connection rod to accompany the lowering links.  There are both 20mm and 40mm versions. About £30 plus postage.

They are on the uk eBay site and prob the Lust Racing site.

I'm going to call them today. I will report back.
--------
If not now, when?

Offline tiger885

• Explorer Pro
  • Topic Author
  • Bike: TEX 1215 XRT
  • City / Town: St. Albans
« Reply #41 on: July 25, 2018, 12:23:43 PM »
As I started this original thread it's been really really good to receive so many good solutions. I do wonder whether, over time and mileage, the lowering kits will cause the TSAS to malfunction at some point. I guess only time will tell. The solutions seem relatively simple, inexpensive and effective so I wonder why Triumph hasn't offered the new Gen 3 XRT with a lowered suspension, albeit maybe without centre stand and with a shorter side stand, bearing in mind how much criticism there appears to be about the height? Until mine is out of warranty I think I must stick to lowering mine just using the "Rider" mode which works really well for town and parking manoeuvring.
Previous bikes: 1970 Mini Bike, 1971 Suzuki 50cc Trail Hopper, 1972 Yamaha YDS7-250, 1998 Yamaha Diversion 600, 2000 Triumph Tiger 885i, 2017 Triumph Tiger Explorer XRT

Offline Hawkeye

• Explorer Master
  • Bike: Explorer XRx Low
  • City / Town: Billericay
« Reply #42 on: July 25, 2018, 02:01:07 PM »
*Originally Posted by tiger885 [+]
As I started this original thread it's been really really good to receive so many good solutions. I do wonder whether, over time and mileage, the lowering kits will cause the TSAS to malfunction at some point. I guess only time will tell. The solutions seem relatively simple, inexpensive and effective so I wonder why Triumph hasn't offered the new Gen 3 XRT with a lowered suspension, albeit maybe without centre stand and with a shorter side stand, bearing in mind how much criticism there appears to be about the height? Until mine is out of warranty I think I must stick to lowering mine just using the "Rider" mode which works really well for town and parking manoeuvring.

Hahaha - having an XRX-Low, I asked Triumph exactly the same question as to whether they had any plans for an XRT-Low - and the answer back was that they had absolutely no intention at all. I then asked them if they had any intention of making some of the XRT elements available as options to the XRX/ XRX-Low variants and again they answered that they had no intention of diluting the top of the range spec by doing that (in particular I wanted Hill Hold)

To my mind I think it a bit short sighted of Triumph, I think they should make the option of a "Low" version available across all variants or if not make the additional features on the XRT etc available as options to the XRX. But it seems they have their fingers in their ears to this as it seems they have no intention of doing so on this or any other variant, so us who are a bit shorter in the leg, the only option is either lower a full size model or buy the Low version (which is what I did).
« Last Edit: July 25, 2018, 02:06:13 PM by Hawkeye »

Recent Topics