Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: New Givi Toolbox added  (Read 2930 times)

Offline DaveW65

• Explorer Member
  • Topic Author
  • Bike: Explorer XCA
  • City / Town: Glasgow
Re: New Givi Toolbox added
« Reply #30 on: November 14, 2017, 07:31:47 PM »
Is there any other kind????

Offline maccers

• Explorer Member
  • Bike: Explorer xca
  • City / Town: Belfast
« Reply #31 on: February 06, 2018, 04:47:22 PM »
thanks for that so I assume that the fitting kit doesn't  actually suit the explorer / givi  rack then. Ive just bought one of these boxes for my 2017 explorer although ive still to get my hands on it and im not averse to altering the fittings but they said it would fit thus I bought the givi one. hepco becker  do a generic item which might just have been a better option if tis in the case.

Offline Hawkeye

• Explorer Master
  • Bike: Explorer XRx Low
  • City / Town: Billericay
« Reply #32 on: February 06, 2018, 10:43:29 PM »
I had absolutely no problem fitting one to my Givi rack (PLR6408) on my XRX, plenty of clearance as well for getting to the lock and getting the lid off once fitted. Use of centre partition is optional I agree, biggest problem really is nit having long enough fingers if something small gets to the back of the box.... :155:
« Last Edit: February 06, 2018, 10:45:02 PM by Hawkeye »

Offline DaveW65

• Explorer Member
  • Topic Author
  • Bike: Explorer XCA
  • City / Town: Glasgow
« Reply #33 on: February 08, 2018, 06:23:29 AM »
*Originally Posted by maccers [+]
thanks for that so I assume that the fitting kit doesn't  actually suit the explorer / givi  rack then. Ive just bought one of these boxes for my 2017 explorer although ive still to get my hands on it and im not averse to altering the fittings but they said it would fit thus I bought the givi one. hepco becker  do a generic item which might just have been a better option if tis in the case.

It fits the Givi rack with no problem at all, it's just the Triumph OEM version of that rack where there is a bit of a bother. Easy enough though as I noted in the original post.

Cheers

Offline maccers

• Explorer Member
  • Bike: Explorer xca
  • City / Town: Belfast
« Reply #34 on: March 01, 2018, 04:55:50 PM »
I fitted the givi tool box and it fits nicely inside the left hand pannier frame. It doesn't however fit the mounting points so I just drilled the top two and its sturdy and well fixed. So by drilling only the top two holes it keeps the water proof element

Recent Topics

nonskid