Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: RISERS I would appreciate experiences and advice  (Read 3121 times)

Offline Griff

• Explorer God
  • Topic Author
  • Bike: Explorer and others
  • City / Town: Wicklow
Re: RISERS I would appreciate experiences and advice
« Reply #30 on: September 03, 2017, 03:12:23 PM »
*Originally Posted by Oasis [+]
I've got a set of nearly new rox risers that came off my 2017 explorer if anyone wants to buy?

Duly noted .  Trying to make up my mind at the moment.

Offline Frenchie1974

• Explorer Member
  • Bike: Triumph Explorer
  • City / Town: East Midlands
« Reply #31 on: September 03, 2017, 04:33:08 PM »
My experience was that I loved the TEx on the test ride but found that on everything in the perfect riding position I then had to lean forward very slightly which put pressure in my lower back. By the end of an hour test ride I was I never quite a lot of discomfort, muscular spasms / ache.

SW Motech 2cm risers bought, dealer fitted them for when I collected the bike and I couldn't be happier. Totally resolved the back ache issue for the cost of less than £60.  Straight ones, not the ones that tilt the bars backwards.

Offline tiger885

• Explorer Member
  • Bike: TEX 1215 XRT
  • City / Town: St. Albans
« Reply #32 on: September 03, 2017, 10:17:48 PM »
Fitted 1 1/2" Rox Risers to my 2016 XRT. Best thing I've done to it so far. Makes for a much more relaxed riding position. Definately worth it.
Previous bikes: 1970 Mini Bike, 1971 Suzuki 50cc Trail Hopper, 1972 Yamaha YDS7-250, 1998 Yamaha Diversion 600, 2000 Triumph Tiger 885i, 2017 Triumph Tiger Explorer XRT

Offline Wiliam

• Explorer Member
  • Bike: Trophy
  • City / Town: Henderson, KY
« Reply #33 on: September 06, 2017, 11:31:06 AM »
I test rode Explorer back in April, found the stretch too much, Test rode a Explorer Saturday that had Rox Risers....... Short story is due to risers I am now back in the market head first. Received two quotes, waiting on third. Will be making purchase in next few days...

Offline Griff

• Explorer God
  • Topic Author
  • Bike: Explorer and others
  • City / Town: Wicklow
« Reply #34 on: September 06, 2017, 08:06:09 PM »
I now know that Risers it has to be. I will probably go for a set of the SW mocheck items as there is a dealer close to me. Many thanks for the help and suggestions.

Online CaptainTrips

• Explorer God
  • Bike: '13 Explorer
  • City / Town: Vancouver(ish)
« Reply #35 on: September 06, 2017, 09:37:18 PM »
In the end, I went with Rox because they had them in stock at my local shop. They also had a set of generic Motech ones, but they didn't fit my TEX so I brought them back.
"The test of the machine is the satisfaction it gives you. There isn't any other test."   --   Robert M. Pirsig

Offline Wiliam

• Explorer Member
  • Bike: Trophy
  • City / Town: Henderson, KY
« Reply #36 on: September 13, 2017, 06:17:36 PM »
Picked up new explorer monday, had 2 inch rox risers installed before i left dealer. they installed with no problem what so ever, I will say as i have said in other posts....... I could not have made the purchase without the risers...... All is good. I rode back roads home from dealer, about 5 1/2 hours..... Loved every minute of the ride, I have a Trophy and this is just as sweet, there are differences, but that come with all bikes, trade offs in everything.......... Back to topic, Rox risers are awesome.

Offline T-Mac

• Explorer Member
  • City / Town: Kent
« Reply #37 on: September 13, 2017, 08:42:03 PM »
I have the cheap eBay copies of the Rox risers on mine. Took a bit of stick on here when I bought them but they are great, apart from the fact that they don't have the Rox logo they are identical.
They work perfectly for me because you can bring the bars back towards the rider.
If at first you don't succeed..........find a bigger hammer

Offline Deep6blue

• Explorer Member
  • Bike: Several
  • City / Town: Washington
« Reply #38 on: September 18, 2017, 09:46:23 PM »
The 2017 XRx has different size bolts for the risers. One is 10mm, the other 8mm. I'm pretty sure that's the correct size. Regardless, the front bolts are larger.

All of the risers I have seen use the same size bolts for all 4 holes. Will the larger/smaller bolts work? Are you heading to the hardware store to get the correct size bolts? Or are they included in the kit?

Amazon has risers for ~$25. I don't see the reason for the SW-Motech or Rox ones, except they use the same stock bolts and they pivot.

T-Mac, can you post a link to the risers you purchased? What bike do you have.

Thanks all!

Online CaptainTrips

• Explorer God
  • Bike: '13 Explorer
  • City / Town: Vancouver(ish)
« Reply #39 on: September 18, 2017, 11:16:11 PM »
The Gen2 TEX probably uses the same handlebar mount as the Gen1 TEX (large bolts, small bolts).

The Rox risers I have use the OEM hardware. They basically replace the handlebars in the OEM setup, then have their own set of handlebar clamps.
"The test of the machine is the satisfaction it gives you. There isn't any other test."   --   Robert M. Pirsig

Recent Topics