Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Recommend a handlebar iPhone holder?  (Read 1592 times)

Online Jon

• Explorer God
  • Bike: 2012 TEX
  • City / Town: Harlan, Iowa
Re: Recommend a handlebar iPhone holder?
« Reply #10 on: September 23, 2017, 11:12:02 PM »
Another Ram X-Grip user here. High speeds, rough gravel roads, and some off road riding & I've never lost my Motorola Droid Turbo. Mine is the one made for larger phones. The small one fits phone up to 3 1\4" wide & is model UN-7 and the large one is model UN-10 and fits phones 3"  - 4" wide. The UN-10 also fits my Garmin Nuvi 855.
Ram Mount makes tons of different components to extend, twist, turn, etc. which makes it possible to mount almost anything, anywhere, in any configuration. A great site to check out what they have available is www.gpscity.com
« Last Edit: September 23, 2017, 11:14:23 PM by Jon »
Jon

Offline FL_Explorer

• Explorer Master
  • Never take a laxative & a sleeping pill together
  • Bike: '14 Tiger Explorer
  • City / Town: Dade City, FL
« Reply #11 on: October 25, 2017, 06:04:53 AM »
I’ve used the Ram mount but went back to my trusty Rokform phone case and mounting system. Hands down, the best mounting system on the market I believe. I have mounts on both the TEx and in my truck. Swivel the case into the mount and it clicks solidly into place. Has never once come off. However, just for piece of mind, I always attach the tether Rokform supplies with their cases.

Sorry for dredging up an old thread, I’ve been away for a bit and doing some catching up.
Ride safe, and ride often!
Keith

Offline Paramenace

• Explorer Junior
  • Bike: TEx 1200
  • City / Town: W Sussex
« Reply #12 on: October 26, 2017, 09:09:41 AM »
Morning All

I’m sold on the quad lock system, what sold it for me is the fact at work our IPhones are our sat navs.  So if the quad lock keeps my phone safe as I hare around the streets of London on my big bright yellow pan European with blue lights going.

It must be ok to use on the handle bar on my Tex.

ATB

Offline Dilbert

• Explorer Pro
  • Yes, it's me
  • Bike: 2015 Tiger Explorer
  • City / Town: Holmes Chapel
« Reply #13 on: October 26, 2017, 01:25:29 PM »
I guess in cowboy land there's less need for weather protection, but either way there's a RAM mount for it and when you get fed up of losing signal outside 4G areas then it's easy to swap over to a RAM SatNav cradle  :001:

I'll never be old enough to know better !

Online moggi1964

• Explorer Master
  • Oldish Git
  • Bike: Triumph Explorer
  • City / Town: Sale Cheshire
« Reply #14 on: October 26, 2017, 06:49:43 PM »
Ram X with tether for my S8 though I had to remove one of the rubber arm covers as it kept hitting the Volume Up button but it's no less secure especially with the tether.
Moggi

"To do something well is so worthwhile that to die trying to do it better cannot be foolhardy. It would be a waste of life to do nothing with one's ability, for I feel that life is measured in achievement, not in years alone."
Bruce McLaren

Offline supernac

• Explorer Pro
  • Bike: 2014 XC
  • City / Town: Springfield
« Reply #15 on: October 27, 2017, 02:50:21 AM »
I've had good luck with the ram finger grip mount:

https://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/ram-mounts-stem-mount-finger-grip-cell-phone-kit?gclid=CjwKCAjwj8bPBRBiEiwASlFLFcZGMywf_ez5ykCXatVLVfAud62--3vk02JJwXDzdFWbNNF3jdSLcxoCkscQAvD_BwE

I had my phone in it when I dropped the tex on a low water bridge, phone didn't budge.

Recent Topics

nonskid