Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Shoei Neotec being discounted (UK)  (Read 1321 times)

Offline wessie

• Ex Member
  • Topic Author
  • Bike: 2017 XCX
  • City / Town: CHELTENHAM
Shoei Neotec being discounted (UK)
« on: October 29, 2017, 12:09:04 PM »
Shoei must have a new model in the pipeline.

https://www.mandp.co.uk/featured-products/shoei-neotec-flip-front-helmet-anth-sil.html

Reduced to £299 delivered. Silver or Anthracite only.

I visited my local Helmet City but they could not get near this. Best price is £380, Sportsbikeshop is also £380

I told a mate a few weeks ago that I did not like flip helmets, but had not tried on the Neotec due to the £500 price tag. Well, tried it today and it feels like a Shoei but opens to a jet helmet style.

I've ordered an anthracite one from M&P.

Offline Stillwobbling

• Explorer Pro
  • Bike: Explorer XCa 2017
  • City / Town: EastMids
Re: Shoei Neotec being discounted (UK)
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2017, 05:22:55 PM »
Yes, they have according to my local stockist. I had a Neotec put aside pending some cash coming in. They were £499 pretty much everywhere. Then they were £399 then when I was in the shop this week, they said - that helment you have reserved just dropped to £349. So I bought it.  But £299 is crazy. Dang and I bought the Anthracite too.  CMC in Clay Cross still have some stock at £349.

Offline Griff

• Explorer God
  • Bike: Explorer and others
  • City / Town: Wicklow
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2017, 05:44:56 PM »
Thanks for the heads up.

Offline unsubtle

• Explorer Master
  • Improving impact velocity since 1904
  • Bike: Explorer
  • City / Town: Reading
« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2017, 09:37:01 PM »
If there is a new one, I'll be interested to see how strong the jaw piece is. I have  a Neotec. It's a very good helmet, with the major reservation that the jaw piece narrows to about 15mm at the back, which seems too thin to be safe in an impact. The earlier Multitec didn't have that characteristic.

Offline wessie

• Ex Member
  • Topic Author
« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2017, 09:56:40 PM »
*Originally Posted by unsubtle [+]
If there is a new one, I'll be interested to see how strong the jaw piece is. I have  a Neotec. It's a very good helmet, with the major reservation that the jaw piece narrows to about 15mm at the back, which seems too thin to be safe in an impact. The earlier Multitec didn't have that characteristic.

Seems to do okay at https://sharp.dft.gov.uk/helmets/shoei-neotec/ - 4 out of 5

From https://sharp.dft.gov.uk/sharp-testing/#impact-zone

FACIAL PROTECTION (CHIN GUARD / LOWER FACE COVER)
All of the major helmet test standards include a test to determine whether the chin bar on Full‐Face or System (Flip-Front) helmets have sufficient mechanical strength to protect the face and jaw from injury during an impact.

Although it is not included in the overall rating for a helmet, SHARP recognises the importance of this protection. SHARP believes the tests conducted during assessment under UN ECE Regulation 22.05 to be appropriate and compliance with this optional element of the Regulation forms part of the SHARP assessment. Any helmet that has not been shown to deliver the necessary level of protection is identified in the helmet’s entry on the SHARP website with the illustration below.

As the Neotec has ECE 22.05 the chin guard has passed stringent testing.

The "weak" point is that the locking mechanism only remained latch in 93% of tests, hence dropping a star

Offline Dilbert

• Explorer Pro
  • Yes, it's me
  • Bike: 2015 Tiger Explorer
  • City / Town: Holmes Chapel
« Reply #5 on: October 31, 2017, 12:24:29 PM »
I was in M&P Swansea a fortnight ago and very tempted by the offer, unfortunately I don't have any spare cash at the moment, so I had to pass on it.

They had a couple of other good offers on as well and it's worth a visit just to walk round and see all the new and secondhand (many classics) bikes, never realised just how big a place it is  :028:

I'll never be old enough to know better !

Offline wessie

• Ex Member
  • Topic Author
« Reply #6 on: October 31, 2017, 09:00:15 PM »
Mine arrived today at my office - M&P seem to have improved greatly in the last year or two - orders used to take ages to arrive a while ago.
Also, some sizes are out of stock now. Someone on the UKGS forum reports that a phone call will result in an alternative colour being offered. He was given a choice of white, gloss black or matte black.

Offline expressshaftie

• Explorer Member
  • Bike: 1200 XRT
  • City / Town: Monmouth
« Reply #7 on: December 02, 2017, 11:53:18 PM »
Was at thunder road M/C in Cymbran last week.  They had some end of line "Imminent' pattern notes at 20% off  (guess they might haggle down a bit more). My luck was in as they had 1 only small size discounted to £249!  Even changed out the cheek pads for my wife who now has a better helmet than mine!   Result!!

Offline Phil

• Explorer Pro
  • Phil
  • Bike: Explorer
  • City / Town: Pulborough
« Reply #8 on: December 03, 2017, 08:52:47 AM »
Hi All

I was at the bike show at the NEC a couple of weeks ago, and I saw the new Neotec II

Looked to me like it had been styled by a teenager who has heard about motorcycling but never actually tried it.

- Weird lip at the back of the dome.
- V chunky chin piece.
- Top vent with no depth or texture which looked impossible to slide either way whilst wearing gloves.

I will be buying another original Neotec before stocks run out to replace the one I've been wearing for about 3 or 4 years now.

Hope this helps!

Phil  :152:

Offline Rooster

• Explorer Pro
  • Bike: Tiger Explorer XRT
  • City / Town: Droitwich
« Reply #9 on: December 03, 2017, 03:20:40 PM »
I just bought a neotect for me and the Mrs, mine was £340, hers was £315. They are really nice helmets. 

Interphone also make headphones and microphones specific to this helmet, just fitted a set yesterday and ends up a very neat installation.
Don't worry about things you can't change.

Recent Topics

nonskid