Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Grip Puppies.  (Read 496 times)

Offline pcarnut

• Explorer Pro
  • City / Town: Carlsbad
Re: Grip Puppies.
« Reply #10 on: November 14, 2017, 03:54:44 PM »
Tried 'em, not on this bike but on others, and didn't care for the larger diameter.  Made it a longer reach for the clutch and brake lever, and caused my forearm to ache a little.  Slows down the throttle movement a little since you're turning a slightly larger diameter tube. ymmv
2017 TEx, 2014 TEx, 2011 1050

Offline Jon

• Explorer God
  • Bike: 2012 TEX
  • City / Town: Harlan, Iowa
« Reply #11 on: November 14, 2017, 06:15:25 PM »
I've had them on mine from day one. Standards grips just don't work with my Texas sized hands. I'm sure they help with any vibes that could be present also. They work perfectly with the heated gross too. :028:
Jon

Offline bazthebike

• Explorer Junior
  • Bike: xcx 17/blue
  • City / Town: southwest
« Reply #12 on: November 14, 2017, 07:44:09 PM »
Had them on last three bikes, and fitted set this morning to my new tex. I have small hands but they don't make it uncomfortable.

Offline Mountain Goat

• Explorer Pro
  • Bike: 2015 Explorer
« Reply #13 on: November 15, 2017, 01:39:24 AM »
I have had two explorers.   The grip puppies really help with vibration and the heated grips work fine.  Slower to heat up but do get plenty hot.  I personally like the way the bike handles better without the grips but I keep the grip puppies on the bike because of the benefits on vibration.   I run aggressive front tires and on long distances the vibration is noticeable.

Recent Topics

nonskid