Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Fog lights not working  (Read 836 times)

Offline macplace1215

• Explorer Member
  • Topic Author
  • City / Town: lancaster
Fog lights not working
« on: December 18, 2017, 09:03:08 PM »
Got a problem with my 2012 tex fog lights, noticed that the switch for the fog lights did not light up when first switching on the bike, checked lights not working, checked fuse and replaced with good fuse still not working. The switch on the bars does not seem to be getting power could it be the relay if so could I swap it with another relay to eliminate it as I have no multimeter to test and which relay to swap with. If not the relay any idea on other possible problems cheers.

Offline unsubtle

• Explorer Master
  • Improving impact velocity since 1904
  • Bike: Explorer
  • City / Town: Reading
Re: Fog lights not working
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2017, 10:09:29 PM »
Don't try to diagnose electrical problems without a multimeter. They cost £10. We can talk you through using it if that's a problem.

Offline Bigsi999

• Explorer Junior
  • Bike: Explorer 1200 ,2012
  • City / Town: Christchurch
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2018, 05:56:44 AM »
I just wondered if you ever got them sorted, I have the same issue.

Offline Bikerbuk

• Explorer Master
  • Musical Prostitute - You pay, I play!
  • Bike: Triumph Explorer
  • City / Town: Lanarkshire Scotland
« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2018, 11:48:57 AM »
Got the same problm too.     I'm waiting till the bike is garaged for a longer period then i'll get in about it.     Anyone know which relay?   According to the foglight kit for the 2012 there is no additional relay supplied but i assume one of the existing relays must control the power.
There comes a time in everyone's life when it pays to:   Never pass a toilet, never waste a hardon and never trust a fart!

Offline macplace1215

• Explorer Member
  • Topic Author
  • City / Town: lancaster
« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2018, 09:22:56 PM »
Got the problem sorted turned out it was the switch. when I purchased the bike both the fog lights and heated grips switch, would light up for a second every time you switched on the bike. Then I noticed the fog light switch did not light up, only the heated grips, on turn on, checked the lights to find them both not working, took a punt and replaced the switch and they worked again, but still only the heated grip switch lights up for a second on turning the ignition on.

Offline Bigsi999

• Explorer Junior
  • Bike: Explorer 1200 ,2012
  • City / Town: Christchurch
« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2019, 02:14:38 AM »
I have just replaced my switch and it’s the same, lights work and the switch lights up but only when they’re on, not as part of the start cycle.

Offline Bruce Wayne

• Explorer Member
  • Bike: Tiger 1200 XCA
  • City / Town: Winterswijk
« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2019, 10:22:28 AM »
*Originally Posted by Bigsi999 [+]
I have just replaced my switch and it’s the same, lights work and the switch lights up but only when they’re on, not as part of the start cycle.

Being new in the explorer/tiger world a small question after this remark.
Maybe it is intended that the switch only lights up when the foglights are on. As a soort of reminder.

Recent Topics