Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Tyre pressure question  (Read 1664 times)

Offline gufazi

• Explorer Member
  • Bike: 2017 XCx
  • City / Town: Springfield, VA
Re: Tyre pressure question
« Reply #10 on: April 20, 2018, 12:57:16 PM »
*Originally Posted by Hawkeye [+]
Don’t know what the changes were - apart from the obvious ones of different sized tyres etc - but I did mail Triumph technical directly to query it as, as you say the manual diagrams suggest 36/42 (whilst the spec says 32/39. They came back to me and confirmed that for the Gen-2, 32/39 was correct and that the diagrams needed to be updated.

As for the front tyre - yep I had one of those that demolished itself at just over 4,000 miles and whilst I agree that normally that would be caused by under/over inflation, there was definitely a fault with the front tyre itself as my replacements (Michelin PR4 Trail) are both showing normal wear, and I’m running 32/39.

:172:

As one of those experiencing abnormal wear after religiously following suggested pressures on my 17xcx, this really rubs (and my tires) wrong. 

I should have suspected.  Its not the only thing off in the manual.  I read the manual front to back (yes, I'm one of those guys) and there are more than a few things that are obvious carry overs from Gen 1 and don't apply to the Gen 2s.

:151:

Offline CaptainTrips

• Explorer God
  • Bike: '13 Explorer
  • City / Town: Vancouver(ish)
« Reply #11 on: April 20, 2018, 04:41:56 PM »
Here in CA, it is a requirement to put a tire pressure label on a visible spot on the vehicle. I believe that it is a homologation requirement in N. America. This is the label on my gen1 TEX. Saves digging in the manual.
"The test of the machine is the satisfaction it gives you. There isn't any other test."   --   Robert M. Pirsig

Offline XCaTel

• Explorer Pro
  • Bike: 2018 XCa
« Reply #12 on: April 21, 2018, 09:00:16 PM »
Yep, tyre pressure labels on my shaft drive arm (or close by) on my 2018 Tiger and on the chain guard of my old 2016MY Africa Twin, Euro norm I think.

Recent Topics