Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: E3 Spark Plugs  (Read 317 times)

Offline icerider97

• Explorer Member
  • Topic Author
  • Bike: Tiger Explorer
  • City / Town: Nelson, BC
E3 Spark Plugs
« on: February 06, 2018, 08:16:08 PM »
Has anyone tried E3 spark plugs in the Tex?  It appears that the specs for the E3.38 match the stock NGK CR8EK 

Offline supernac

• Explorer Pro
  • Bike: 2014 XC
  • City / Town: Springfield
Re: E3 Spark Plugs
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2018, 04:06:07 PM »
I used one in a weedeater, wouldn't run afterwards so I put the original back in. That's my only experience with them. I'd just stick with oem, if a gimmick plug offered any real benefits OEM's would be using them.

Offline CaptainTrips

• Explorer God
  • Bike: '13 Explorer
  • City / Town: Vancouver(ish)
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2018, 04:32:38 PM »
E3 spark plugs are commonly used here as generic replacements for lawn mowers. I don't think that I would try them in high compression, high RPM, high-temperature applications.
"The test of the machine is the satisfaction it gives you. There isn't any other test."   --   Robert M. Pirsig

Offline icerider97

• Explorer Member
  • Topic Author
  • Bike: Tiger Explorer
  • City / Town: Nelson, BC
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2018, 10:05:32 PM »
Hmm, I guess I was thinking of the same plugs that are used in NHRA and NASCAR to name just 2 racing apps.  I wasn't aware they were the same hi performance plugs used in lawn mowers.  I guess I'll stick with OEM  - just thought that there might be a better option.

Offline unsubtle

• Explorer Master
  • Improving impact velocity since 1904
  • Bike: Explorer
  • City / Town: Reading
« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2018, 02:14:45 AM »
If you're doing your own servicing, look in to the price of the service kit. It includes things like filters, gaskets and plugs and is sufficiently discounted compared to buying individual components that it may not be worth getting non-standard plugs.

Recent Topics

nonskid