Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Gerbing G12 heated gloves  (Read 1441 times)

Online Stillwobbling

• Explorer Pro
  • Bike: Explorer XCa 2017
  • City / Town: EastMids
Re: Gerbing G12 heated gloves
« Reply #10 on: February 14, 2018, 11:36:35 AM »
I got some Goretex overmitts from Cotswold Outdoor. They're thin and roll up really small and come in sizes big enough to go over your bike gloves. When I get caught out, I stick these on. They come up over your jacket cuffs. Completely waterproof. Worth it even if your gloves are pretty waterproof. Saves getting your gear all soggy and cold. I wouldn't recommend them for really fine throttle and clutch control because they're a mitt obviously, but for motorways and so on they've been worth their weight. With these heated gloves on inside I'd image it would be lush.

Offline Villager

• Explorer Pro
  • Topic Author
  • 2017 XRx
  • Bike: 2017 XRX
  • City / Town: The Village
« Reply #11 on: February 14, 2018, 07:24:06 PM »
*Originally Posted by Stillwobbling [+]
I got some Goretex overmitts from Cotswold Outdoor. They're thin and roll up really small and come in sizes big enough to go over your bike gloves. When I get caught out, I stick these on. They come up over your jacket cuffs. Completely waterproof. Worth it even if your gloves are pretty waterproof. Saves getting your gear all soggy and cold. I wouldn't recommend them for really fine throttle and clutch control because they're a mitt obviously, but for motorways and so on they've been worth their weight. With these heated gloves on inside I'd image it would be lush.

these?
https://www.ultralightoutdoorgear.co.uk/equipment-c3/socks-gloves-mitts-hats-c151/mitts-c153/tuff-bags-gore-tex-paclite-overmitts-p878
£5 cheaper than Cotswold...

Online Stillwobbling

• Explorer Pro
« Reply #12 on: February 14, 2018, 08:31:27 PM »
Exactly those. Yes cheaper but oddly riding through the rain in Snowdonia I figured I couldn't be too picky

Offline Villager

• Explorer Pro
  • Topic Author
  • 2017 XRx
« Reply #13 on: February 14, 2018, 09:25:42 PM »
Exactly those. Yes cheaper but oddly riding through the rain in Snowdonia I figured I couldn't be too picky

found a discount code for Cotswold that gives £10 off £50, so now down to £45 :)
BANFF1050 is the code at https://www.cotswoldoutdoor.com/p/extremities-tuff-bags-mitt-A3214228.html?colour=124

Online Stillwobbling

• Explorer Pro
« Reply #14 on: February 14, 2018, 09:39:49 PM »
It sounds a lot; and it is. And when you see them, you'll even think, what a swizz. But come the day it's hissing down and your hands are still dry, you'll be thinking what excellent value they are

Offline Villager

• Explorer Pro
  • Topic Author
  • 2017 XRx
« Reply #15 on: February 14, 2018, 10:28:18 PM »
It sounds a lot; and it is. And when you see them, you'll even think, what a swizz. But come the day it's hissing down and your hands are still dry, you'll be thinking what excellent value they are

I fit muffs for winter commuting as I hate wet gloves. Only problem is, with the stupidly arranged switchgear on the TEX, the muffs cover some of the switches so you can't get at them to play with the toys and others need you to take your hands out of the muffs. Not so bad for commuting as you can access the indicator switch but a PITA for longer trips where you might want to adjust the screen, alter the grip settings or use cruise control.

I like the idea of these lighter mitts which can be used if it is really wet even in summer. Might save getting that wet glove feeling at the fuel stop where either the lining comes out of the glove or you struggle to get them back on damp skin.

Online SmalltownRat

• Explorer Member
  • Bike: Explorer 1200
  • City / Town: Doncaster
« Reply #16 on: July 12, 2018, 07:11:12 PM »
Go outdoors, general style waterproof glove works well with a pair of cold-killer liners inside. I've ridden through a full winter of rain and only experienced wet hands once  A little bulky but a steal at around £25 for the lot. The missus has oxford heated gloves, i tried them but found they were too bulky and had no feeling with the throttle.

Recent Topics