Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: First Tiger 1200  (Read 749 times)

Offline nuttySweeet

• Explorer Member
  • Topic Author
  • Bike: Tiger 1200 XRT 2018
  • City / Town: London
First Tiger 1200
« on: February 12, 2018, 10:55:58 AM »
Hello! I've gone from a Tiger 1050, to a Street Triple, and now onto the big boy 1200 XRT! Have been browsing the forums for a while whilst I made my decision and have have found them very helpful. I hope to be just as helpful.

I really loved the street triple, but doing long motorway miles for work was really hurting my neck. Was thinking about getting a R1200GS but think they are really fugly... And I didn't want a BMW. Then they announced the new 1200, when I noticed they had fixed all the niggles I had with the Gen2, I was instantly sold!

I've had the red XRT for just over a week now and had my first service on Saturday, man what a difference that has made to the engine. I've not been ragging it and am breaking it in as the manual says, and the engine is super smooth now. Totally chuffed  :152:

Offline Dilbert

• Explorer Pro
  • Yes, it's me
  • Bike: 2015 Tiger Explorer
  • City / Town: Holmes Chapel
Re: First Tiger 1200
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2018, 12:53:36 PM »
 :400:

I'll never be old enough to know better !

Offline guiri

• Explorer Member
  • Bike: Tiger 1200 XRT
  • City / Town: Manchester
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2018, 01:33:52 PM »
*Originally Posted by nuttySweeet [+]
I've had the red XRT for just over a week now and had my first service on Saturday

I had my first service on Saturday as well coincidentally! Great choice of bike and colour :047:.

Spent Sunday covering it in ACF ready for more winter riding!

Cheers
guiri

Offline nuttySweeet

• Explorer Member
  • Topic Author
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2018, 01:53:40 PM »
*Originally Posted by guiri [+]
I had my first service on Saturday as well coincidentally! Great choice of bike and colour :047:.

Spent Sunday covering it in ACF ready for more winter riding!

Cheers
guiri

Yeah I definitely prefer the red over the white, it's a shame they don't offer the XRT in more colours as I'd be all over that matt green!

Going to do the same this weekend, I did 480 miles in the first week before the service without washing it and it was totally caked in salt from the roads. This is my first new bike and I want to really look after it.

Cheers

Offline McCrae72

• Explorer Pro
  • Bike: Tiger explorer XRX
« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2018, 05:28:00 PM »
ALL YEAR BIKER.co.uk
£70 and they get it as clean as it was when you bought it and then mist the whole bike with ACF50 for full protection. I had mine done a few weeks ago and must say it’s a great service.

And congrats on the bike  :400:

Offline nuttySweeet

• Explorer Member
  • Topic Author
« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2018, 10:24:41 AM »
*Originally Posted by McCrae72 [+]
ALL YEAR BIKER.co.uk
£70 and they get it as clean as it was when you bought it and then mist the whole bike with ACF50 for full protection. I had mine done a few weeks ago and must say it’s a great service.

And congrats on the bike  :400:

Cheers, going to check them out now  :028:

Offline ijinak

• Explorer Master
  • Bike: Explorer XC
  • City / Town: Alaska
« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2018, 05:39:01 PM »
Congrats on the bike. Insanely jealous-I won't be able to get on mine for at least another 2 months  :012:

Offline XCaTel

• Explorer Pro
  • Bike: 2018 XCa
« Reply #7 on: February 15, 2018, 08:11:15 AM »
Congrats on the new bike too, my first service this Friday ON MY WHITE XCa. :008:  I never owned a previous gen so can't comment on the difference with the engine but I can say it is utterly useable at all speeds.

Offline nuttySweeet

• Explorer Member
  • Topic Author
« Reply #8 on: February 15, 2018, 01:55:57 PM »
*Originally Posted by XCaTel [+]
Congrats on the new bike too, my first service this Friday ON MY WHITE XCa. :008:  I never owned a previous gen so can't comment on the difference with the engine but I can say it is utterly useable at all speeds.

Awesome, congrats too! You're going to love it even more after they replace the break-in oil with power 1 racing, it makes the engine smooth as silk  :152:

Offline guiri

• Explorer Member
  • Bike: Tiger 1200 XRT
  • City / Town: Manchester
« Reply #9 on: February 15, 2018, 03:33:55 PM »
*Originally Posted by nuttySweeet [+]
You're going to love it even more after they replace the break-in oil with power 1 racing, it makes the engine smooth as silk  :152:

I've just checked my first service invoice and it says Castrol Power 1 GPS 10/40 was used. Is that a radically different spec from the oil used for running in?

I only rode it home a few miles after the service - will be out this weekend to give it a proper test.

Cheers
guiri

Recent Topics

nonskid