Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Are you a first owner of a first generation Tiger Explorer, and if so,  (Read 10938 times)

BigLee and 4 Guests are viewing this topic.

Offline ijinak

• Explorer Master
  • Bike: Explorer XC
  • City / Town: Alaska
Re: Are you a first owner of a first generation Tiger Explorer, and if so,
« Reply #10 on: February 14, 2018, 05:32:45 PM »
Bought my 2014 model new (in 2014  :008:) and despite only riding May-Sep I've managed to put 24000 miles on it. Sidestand bolt recall done in 2015 but hasn't been into the shop for anything else except the first service. All other servicing I've done myself. Can't wait until (hopefully) April when I can get riding again

Offline Fuze

• Explorer Master
  • Bike: 14'Tex white/graph
  • City / Town: Vancouver
« Reply #11 on: February 14, 2018, 06:10:40 PM »
2014 owner that is still active.  My riding season is may - Oct.  About 56K KM's on the odo.

Gen 1 is still a keeper. (even though I constantly drool over the newest models)

Offline sirsidneyrd

• Explorer Master
  • Bike: X12-Laverda Jota
  • City / Town: Cotswolds
« Reply #12 on: February 14, 2018, 07:04:16 PM »
Yup regular since the beginning of the site have a 2012 blue ( fastest colour ) got all the toys makes no sense to trade it - does the job since March 2012 - great bike - no issues -love the bike although i don't dare have a testride on a new one
Tiffen - splendid idea - in the lunge

Offline Robin

• Explorer Pro
  • Bike: Explorer
  • City / Town: East Yorkshire
« Reply #13 on: February 14, 2018, 08:31:23 PM »
Mines an original 2011 (KP61) launch model. Just over 30 thousand miles on it. Also been on the site since the beginning.
Older than the internet.

Offline kokbaba

• Explorer Member
  • Bike: '14 Tex - "Big Blue"
  • City / Town: Milwaukee WI
« Reply #14 on: February 14, 2018, 09:53:07 PM »
I picked up my new blue '14 Tex in April of that year.  It was built in July of '13.  ECM recall had already been taken care of, and it was past the VIN range for the cylinder head issue. Sidestand bolt recall, done.  Arrow silencer, which seems to sound better as more packing burns out of it!  Radiator guard, highway pegs, risers, Barkbusters, custom cushion for the front of the top box to make wifey comfortable, and best of all, Race Tech springs front & rear.  20,000+ trouble free fun miles.

Offline moggi1964

• Explorer Master
  • Oldish Git
  • Bike: Triumph Explorer
  • City / Town: Sale Cheshire
« Reply #15 on: February 14, 2018, 10:35:10 PM »
Yup! 2012 bought 30 May 2012 and one of the first batch to hit the East Coast USA. Now she's home in the UK and still going strong. Haven't managed as many miles as I would like but 28k or so still not too bad.
Moggi

"To do something well is so worthwhile that to die trying to do it better cannot be foolhardy. It would be a waste of life to do nothing with one's ability, for I feel that life is measured in achievement, not in years alone."
Bruce McLaren

Offline DaddyFlip

• Explorer Master
  • Bike: '14TEXC
  • City / Town: SEARK
« Reply #16 on: February 15, 2018, 01:45:49 AM »
NO I can't include myself in this group as I traded my G1 too soon, BUT I wanted to say it's a great post and great to read all the stories of those who are still going strong. Brings back lots of memories.

Offline redmerle

• Explorer God
« Reply #17 on: February 15, 2018, 06:01:08 AM »
The same Gen 1 from new in May 2013. It’s only used during the summer now (I know, I know!), but can’t see myself ever parting with it.

Online BigLee

• Explorer Master
  • Bike: Explorer naturally!!
  • City / Town: WORKINGTON
« Reply #18 on: February 15, 2018, 02:20:05 PM »
Sill got my gen 1, bought in July 2012 and has 23k miles around half of those done touring Europe  :305: I've tweaked my bike with rebuilt suspension front and rear done by MCT, heated grips and seat, short screen, arrow can, led headlight bulbs, high seat and givi trekker panniers  :028: I've tried a few bikes with the possibility of changing but for the cost I will keep hold of it and bought a MT10 Yamaha with what it would cost to part exchange it  :152:
« Last Edit: February 15, 2018, 02:22:16 PM by BigLee »

Offline rtintel

• Explorer Junior
  • Bike: Tex 14 Grey/Spoke
« Reply #19 on: February 15, 2018, 03:39:11 PM »
A grey one from April 2014, not driven much due health issues, but still got it. Great bike although sometimes intimidated by its weight/cg.

Recent Topics