Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Are you a first owner of a first generation Tiger Explorer, and if so,  (Read 14052 times)

Offline Lanch

• Explorer Pro
  • Bike: Explorer
  • City / Town: Nuneaton
Re: Are you a first owner of a first generation Tiger Explorer, and if so,
« Reply #60 on: March 08, 2018, 05:43:14 PM »
I bought a new Tex Launch edition in April 2012, having put my deposit down the year before. One of my first posts was in Jan 2012, about colour choice. The second in Feb, after I had been to a lecture at the Institute of Mechanical Engineers, at Warwick Uni. Ive still got the Tex, and intend touring the Pyrenees this June within a few old army mates. It does everything I want, though I am working on my own 'comfort' seat, as I seem to reach my tolerance more quickly the older I get.
I have enjoyed the experience of owning an Explorer, and dont feel any need to change it just yet.
If you don't ride in the rain, you don't ride.

Like I have a choice?

Offline Random Guy

• Explorer Member
  • Bike: Explorer XC
  • City / Town: M.K.
Re: Are you a first owner of a first generation Tiger Explorer, and if so,
« Reply #61 on: March 10, 2018, 08:02:12 AM »
The bike was built in 2013  and I purchased it from the local Triumph dealer in early 2014. I know the build year as I have a letter from Triumph to confirm it went back to the factory for the head rebuild. It now has about 23K miles on the clock. It recently blew a fork oil seal so I took it to MCT in Stowmarket to have both fork legs serviced. They did the mod to smooth out the choppy response to washboard road surfaces. It is much nicer to ride now and I recommend MCT. I'm generally pleased with the bike and don't intend to get rid of it yet. On that point I'm not sure what I would want to replace it with other than another one, the 1200 as it is called now. The only thing that puts me off is the extra complexity of the new bike. The electronics Triumph deem necessary to compete with BMW.

Offline fbl01

• Explorer Member
I still have my 2012'er. Now on 76.000 km's. Just finished a roundtrip from Holland to Rumenia and back. Without any trouble  :015: , even in this f...g weather  :190:

Offline Icy

• Explorer Master
  • Stationary Traveler
  • Bike: 2018 TEX XCx
  • City / Town: Bronxville
*Originally Posted by fbl01 [+]
I still have my 2012'er. Now on 76.000 km's. Just finished a roundtrip from Holland to Rumenia and back. Without any trouble  :015: , even in this f...g weather  :190:

:082: :037: :047: :152: :821:
"It's easy to learn how to speak, it takes a lot more to learn how to actually say something." ~Icy
http://instagram.com/soksa.icy/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/soksa/
https://www.youtube.com/user/SokSa/videos
http://www.swordclassri.com/

Offline marcos

• Explorer Pro
  • Bike: TEX 2013 Graphite
  • City / Town: Bruges
Yup, I am.  Bought mine new in 2013 and still going strong  :152:
The head has been replaced after a few months with the goodwill of Triumph  :028:

Offline avbiz

• Explorer Member
  • Bike: 2013 Triumph Explore
Same here. Bought a 2013 with 2000 miles on it last September, had the head replaced through the warranty process (also got a new free ECU after original was fried on the engine reinstall). Love this bike - paid less than half for a new one and it came farkled to the max. At 56yrs this will be my last BIG bore ADV and when I get tired holding it up I’ll install a side car on it! 

Offline Stedders

• Explorer Member
  • Bike: Tiger Explorer
  • City / Town: Madrid
I have a 2014 with 60,000 kms on it.  Just finished a trip across USA and down Baja on it. 

Online andrewr138

• Explorer Member
  • Bike: 2015 TEx XC
  • City / Town: Denver
I have a 2015 that I got in May of 2016. Not enough miles on it, but surgery killed a year of riding. I've had some great moments on the bike. Never had a worry with it on the road. Off-road, I wish it a a little lighter or better balanced. I've put on Holan panniers & top case, heated seats/grips, and a lot of protection. If I'm being honest, the off-road part has led me to toy with the idea of trading it in for a BMW, but the trade-in value of it isn't that great.

Scariest moment I've had was after a service, and they got oil all over the rear wheel and rotor. Scared the piss out of me trying to brake on the highway. I've also had a warranty claim with an oil leak.

I could never go to a bagger/cruiser now.

Offline rtintel

• Explorer Junior
  • Bike: Tex 14 Grey/Spoke
A 2014 grey. Still going strong.

Offline Sidi1200

• Explorer Pro
  • Bike: Phantom Explorer
  • City / Town: Sydney
Yup, 2012 Gen1.. still have him... going strong too. Just run in at 70K kms...
Anyone can make it complicated..... Its pure Genius to make it Simple....
A Scotsman once told me that "the best glass to drink whisky out of, is the one that doesn't leak"

Recent Topics

nonskid