Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Are you a first owner of a first generation Tiger Explorer, and if so,  (Read 6991 times)

Offline eps

• Explorer Pro
  • Bike: 2012 Tiger 1200
  • City / Town: Preston
Yup - a 2012 model with 34k on it - off to Switzerland/France /Italy to do the Stella on it soon - fab bike- it should cruiise it - did 5k already on it this year no problem :002:

Offline moggi1964

• Explorer Master
  • Oldish Git
  • Bike: Triumph Explorer
  • City / Town: Sale Cheshire
32k+ on my 2012 and heading out in a couple of weeks to Assen via the Chunnel for the MotoGP. Planning to avoid motorways as much as possible so should get a 1500 miles minimum on the clock.

Need to plan an NC500 too for this year.

Bike still going strong, noisy as a bucket of bolts in a tumble dryer when you start her up but she's been that way since I got her (even post recall work).
Moggi

"To do something well is so worthwhile that to die trying to do it better cannot be foolhardy. It would be a waste of life to do nothing with one's ability, for I feel that life is measured in achievement, not in years alone."
Bruce McLaren

Offline scaleyback

• Explorer Member
  • Bike: Tiger Explorer
  • City / Town: weston super mare
Yarp, got mine from new, Sept 2013, have had fun riding it all over, however now it is sat up because the cheap sh#te triumph downpipes have rotted through, again.....

Offline NH

• Explorer Master
  • Bike: Muttley the Explorer
  • City / Town: Tonyrefail
My 64 plate has 33k on it and I'm off to Spain and Portugal again in August. Fork bushes and seals just done, previously front wheel bearing disintegrated and I had to put a cheap bearing in, that collapsed and so did the free replacement. Triumph bearings going in the week after next. Some paint has peeled of the lower front engine casing and OEM foglights, and the cockpit mounting bracket and gear selector were replaced under warranty.

Still a great all-round bike that always makes me smile.  :028:

Never ride faster than your guardian angel can fly.

Offline eps

• Explorer Pro
  • Bike: 2012 Tiger 1200
  • City / Town: Preston
I agree - great all round bike - I thinks its holding up pretty well to the elements considering I'm not cleaning it every day !! My mates Kawasaki looks really bad after only 12 months.  My exhaust headers are in great condition - and I've never cleaned them really apart from the jet wash. Fab bike.
For info Demon Tweeks have a sale on front discs - 25% off so I've ordered a couple.  :001:

Recent Topics