Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Aftermarket tyre pressure monitor  (Read 5953 times)

Online NiK

• Explorer God
  • Bike: Red Skin Mk3
  • City / Town: Marseille
Re: Aftermarket tyre pressure monitor
« Reply #90 on: July 16, 2018, 11:55:58 AM »
Same here.
T12's valves are solid.

The only concern I could think of would be a higher probability of stems unscrewing themselves from the inside. And this is purely theoretical because the added mass would exert a force mostly perpendicular (due to gyroscopic force) to the rotation required to achieve such an unwanted behavior.

Offline CaptainTrips

• Explorer God
  • Bike: '13 Explorer
  • City / Town: Vancouver(ish)
« Reply #91 on: July 16, 2018, 03:59:10 PM »
Rubber valve failures were a big deal when these first started arriving on the market a couple of years ago. While I have not heard of any metal valve failures, I think that I would be reluctant to put these on right-angle valves, such as the ones on my Gen1 base model, even though they look very solid and have a substantial base.
"The test of the machine is the satisfaction it gives you. There isn't any other test."   --   Robert M. Pirsig

Offline kenw

• Explorer Master
  • Bike: 2018 Red Tiger 1200
  • City / Town: Adelaide
« Reply #92 on: July 17, 2018, 12:18:05 AM »
I hope that isn't a problem, because I fitted them to my gen1, now sold to a mate, and again to my gen3.  Both have right-angle metal valve stems.
The weight of the caps is quite low.  Probably less than some of the decorative valve caps you can buy.

Offline NH

• Explorer Master
  • Topic Author
  • Bike: Muttley the Explorer
  • City / Town: Tonyrefail
« Reply #93 on: July 17, 2018, 07:19:54 AM »
Can’t say more than I already have on these.  :112:
Never ride faster than your guardian angel can fly.

Recent Topics

nonskid