Offline stjohn

• Explorer Member
    • Topic Author
    • Bike: 1200xc globebuster
    • City / Town: llannon
    Tracker
    on: March 08, 2018, 02:26:12 pm
    March 08, 2018, 02:26:12 pm
    I have just fitted a tracker to my explorer and after a couple of weeks understanding it and setting it up ,i can honestly say its extremely impressive for the price .
    it costs between 40 and 50 quid and holds  a simm card,sd card, and comes with two batteries although for a tenner you can hard wire it to the bike.The simm card allows you to text it and it will text back a link to google maps to let you know where it is and the sd card allows you to trace the history of the vehicles journey and stops. i didn't think it was as accurate as it has turned out to be but i used it today and it picked up all my traffic light stops. its positioning is within 5 meters of its location .Its called a REWIRE SECURITY 102-nano theirs loads on you tube about them. i am probably a bit late cumming to the party on this subject but for what its worth i highly recommend it.

• Offline Griff   ie

• Explorer God  ‐    3113

Offline Griff

• Explorer God
    • Bike: Explorer and others
    • City / Town: Wicklow
    Re: Tracker
    Reply #1 on: March 08, 2018, 10:19:56 pm
    March 08, 2018, 10:19:56 pm
    I have one on one of my bikes albeit a different brand and more expensive with an annual charge also. Yes they are good if a bike was stolen, although if discovered on a vehicle I am told that the thieves have developed some method of disabling them. Just remember though these things track everything including your speed at any given point..........

• Offline Bobsmodels

• Explorer Junior  ‐    5

Offline Bobsmodels

• Explorer Junior
    • Bike: Explorer XRT
    • City / Town: NEW MALDEN
    Re: Tracker
    Reply #2 on: May 07, 2018, 02:14:47 pm
    May 07, 2018, 02:14:47 pm
    There is a very good vid on YouTube about the TK103A tracker which can be bought through Amazon at £30.  As the man says though it draws 100Ma of power if wired to bike battery which is a consideration??  Also needs an aerial to see satellites so could be a problem hiding this.  No point telling the thieves you have a tracker installed!!  You can ditch all the other add-ons - mic, door light switch, fuel cut-off, movement sensor? etc.

nonskid