Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Tank Bag  (Read 1229 times)

Offline stealingbacktime

• Explorer Member
  • Topic Author
  • Bike: 1200 XRx Cobalt blue
  • City / Town: Holmefirth
Tank Bag
« on: March 18, 2018, 09:28:26 AM »
Hello Peeps !

*Dumb Question Alert  *

I have a Triumph (read Givi)tank bag ....and yep its far bigger than I thought is was going to be ...see picture !

So here's the dumb question...Looking at getting the Givi ST602 Tank bag for every day use - will the ST602 bag fit the tank ring supplied with the Triumph (read Givi) tank bag?

Many thanks in advance

SBT

3 of the 4 voices keep telling me to go to sleep...the 4th voice wants to know if penguins have knees....

Offline bippo

• Explorer Member
  • Bike: Tiger 1200 XRT 2019
  • City / Town: Glossop
Re: Tank Bag
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2019, 10:05:25 PM »
Hello there,

I appreciate this is an old post - but I'm just trying to reduce duplicate posts for the same topic (I hope that's right?)

Anyway, I'm in the same situation as you - ordered the Triumph tank bag, and it's huge!   For more general day-to-day use I'm looking at getting the same Givi ST602 tank bag you mentioned.

Did you (or anyone else reading this) find out whether it'll work on the already installed tank ring?

Thanks  :305:

Offline Stillwobbling

• Explorer Pro
  • Bike: Explorer XCa 2017
  • City / Town: EastMids
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2019, 07:41:49 AM »
Well if you buy a new Givi bag it will come with the red plastic tank ring inside. In case you didn't know, Givi tank lock rings come in two halves. One is standard to fit the base of their bags and the other bit which you must buy separately, is the metal ring for each specific bike. If this bike already has the metal tank ring fitted to hold the existing plastic ring, and is stupidly different in a tricky Triumph way then it's only a couple of screws and a swap over to the new plastic ring. Now I'm guessing that not even Triumph have gone to the trouble to make life that difficult for people.

Offline Hawk281

• Explorer Pro
  • Bike: tiger 1200 2018
  • City / Town: Thousand Oaks, Ca
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2019, 02:39:36 PM »
had the triumph tank bag on my trophy, had trouble seeing over the thing.lol :152:

Offline bippo

• Explorer Member
  • Bike: Tiger 1200 XRT 2019
  • City / Town: Glossop
« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2019, 07:05:19 PM »
Hello all,

I thought I'd update this thread to offer anyone with the same question some closure...

Good news - Triumph haven't done anything silly with the tank ring they sell with their OEM tank bag - much relief!

The Triumph tank bag is HUGE - I'll use it in a pinch, but in reality it's far too much space, I just don't need it.   So I purchased the Givi ST605 TanklockED bag.   It's much smaller but plenty of room for me to keep some essentials, and it even locks onto the ring with a key, should I require.   No adaptation required to the tank ring already installed on my bike, so I'm guessing all Givi tank bags will plug and play if you've purchased the Triumph one.

For those with a keen eye - I've removed my screen to install my sat nav.

Online CaptainTrips

• Explorer God
  • Bike: '13 Explorer
  • City / Town: Vancouver(ish)
« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2019, 08:09:47 PM »
I've got an older Givi magnetic bag that fits the profile of the tank much better than the lock ring type. And the map pocket actually faces me as opposed to the facing the sky.
"The test of the machine is the satisfaction it gives you. There isn't any other test."   --   Robert M. Pirsig

Recent Topics