Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Lust Lowering Links, on Gen2 XrX  (Read 2462 times)

Offline Hawkeye

• Explorer Master
  • Bike: Explorer XRx Low
  • City / Town: Billericay
Re: Lust Lowering Links, on Gen2 XrX
« Reply #50 on: May 25, 2018, 08:20:31 PM »
I'm off down to do the 5 passes of Switzerland in a couple of weeks - looking forward to that.

No the trail does not imply any offroad. Basically they are the same PR4's as fitted to sports bikes but with stronger side walls to account for the extra weight of Adventure Machines so PR4 Trail - it really is as simple as that. I think the PR5 Trails may just have been released - not 100% sure on that - if so then you could potentially pick up some good deals on the outgoing PR4 Trail.

Other think (apart from the quietness of the tyre) is that the rolling resistance is less.

I think you'll love them when you get them fitted  :152:

Offline TotnesSteve

• Explorer Pro
  • Topic Author
  • Bike: Explorer Xrx
  • City / Town: Totnes
« Reply #51 on: May 31, 2018, 02:14:36 PM »
*Originally Posted by Hawkeye [+]
I went from Tourance Next to PR4's. What a difference, no more tyre noise, so much smoother, so much more grip! The Tourance's were good whilst they lasted (my front tyre was completely foobar at 4250 miles - one of "that batch" of tyres that do that from Metzler).

If you mainly do road riding rather than offroad then you'd have to go some way to beat the PR4 Trail's IMO (although will be interesting to test the PR5 Trails (are they released yet?))

Yeah, ditto.
I have the pressures at 42/36.
Any thoughts on this? Should they be a bit higher when loaded, or lower when just one-up?

I was practicing some tight slow turns in a carpark yesterday, and it's so much better with the new PR4. They just roll through the turn, no more dropping in.
--------
If not now, when?

Offline Hawkeye

• Explorer Master
  • Bike: Explorer XRx Low
  • City / Town: Billericay
« Reply #52 on: May 31, 2018, 02:39:49 PM »
I appreciate there has been debate on "what tyre pressures", and did query this directly with Triumph as in the handbook for the Gen-2 they say 32/39 (but in the diagrams show 36/42). Triumph confirmed back that for the Gen-2 the tyre pressures absolutely should be 32/39 and don't need adjusting for one or two up (pressure remains the same). For the Gen-1's though tyre pressure should be 36/42.

I did try my PR4 Trails at 36/42 for a while but didn't feel confident in them - they just felt slippey and skitterish so set them to 32/39 as recommended by Triumph for the Gen-2 and it handles so much better, instills much more confidence even under hard cornering/braking so have continued to run them at that pressure since, one or two up, and no problems whatsoever.

So for me, 32/39 and no change needed for two-up.

Offline bazthebike

• Explorer Member
  • Bike: xcx 17/blue
  • City / Town: southwest
« Reply #53 on: June 04, 2018, 08:35:22 AM »
*Originally Posted by TotnesSteve [+]
Yeah, ditto.
I have the pressures at 42/36.
Any thoughts on this? Should they be a bit higher when loaded, or lower when just one-up?

I was practicing some tight slow turns in a carpark yesterday, and it's so much better with the new PR4. They just roll through the turn, no more dropping in.
[/quote                hi steve, did you fit the 20mm or 40mm dogbones. my inside leg bout 28" and not sure which to get. thanks, baz.]

Offline bazthebike

• Explorer Member
  • Bike: xcx 17/blue
  • City / Town: southwest
« Reply #54 on: June 04, 2018, 08:38:48 PM »
steve, did you fit the 20mm or 40 mm dogbones ?.

Offline TotnesSteve

• Explorer Pro
  • Topic Author
« Reply #55 on: June 05, 2018, 05:01:40 PM »
*Originally Posted by bazthebike [+]
steve, did you fit the 20mm or 40 mm dogbones ?.

20mm
--------
If not now, when?

Offline TotnesSteve

• Explorer Pro
  • Topic Author
« Reply #56 on: June 05, 2018, 05:03:10 PM »
*Originally Posted by Hawkeye [+]
I appreciate there has been debate on "what tyre pressures", and did query this directly with Triumph as in the handbook for the Gen-2 they say 32/39 (but in the diagrams show 36/42). Triumph confirmed back that for the Gen-2 the tyre pressures absolutely should be 32/39 and don't need adjusting for one or two up (pressure remains the same). For the Gen-1's though tyre pressure should be 36/42.

I did try my PR4 Trails at 36/42 for a while but didn't feel confident in them - they just felt slippey and skitterish so set them to 32/39 as recommended by Triumph for the Gen-2 and it handles so much better, instills much more confidence even under hard cornering/braking so have continued to run them at that pressure since, one or two up, and no problems whatsoever.

So for me, 32/39 and no change needed for two-up.

Thanks. Appreciated. I'm going to try that.
--------
If not now, when?

Online Budweiserfrogie

• Explorer Member
  • Bike: Tiger 1200 XRT 2018
  • City / Town: Athlone
« Reply #57 on: June 05, 2018, 05:34:14 PM »
I see the PR5s are only available in width 110 for front and 150 rear for the Trail varient.
So i may go PR4 to keep the factory 120/70 & 170/60 size right.
I wonder if they'll offer PR5 in the right size at later stage.

Recent Topics

nonskid