Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Fitted a Pipewerx can...  (Read 605 times)

Offline NH

• Explorer Master
  • Bike: Muttley the Explorer
  • City / Town: Tonyrefail
Re: Fitted a Pipewerx can...
« Reply #10 on: April 16, 2018, 12:38:57 PM »
*Originally Posted by Tony Hart [+]
I haven't tried it with the baffle IN yet!   :305: :745:
With the Triumph rubber I found a washer and cut a slot in it to attach to the new system as the hole itself is too big - basically a large "C"-clip... maybe we are doing something wrong - mine had a good half inch or so gap! :084: :028:

:745:  I find it's just right with the baffle in, with it out it would be too loud when doing long distances and touring. My missus can already hear me coming home before I reach my street.  :001:

Yes I noticed the bracket hole is larger when I went to fit the Triumph rubber, an easy fix though.
Never ride faster than your guardian angel can fly.

Offline NH

• Explorer Master
  • Bike: Muttley the Explorer
  • City / Town: Tonyrefail
« Reply #11 on: April 16, 2018, 12:41:29 PM »
*Originally Posted by Hawkeye [+]
Nice looking can, just be careful when you are manoevering your bike and wearing textiles that you don't touch the link pipe as it looks from the pictures that there is no protector there (similar to the standard link pipe).

I had to modify the protector on my Remus, as Remus moved it a bit further back from the standard position (which I didn't appreciate) on their link pipe, and I managed to touch the leg of my textiles onto a hot link pipe burning a hole in them (which really pleased me no end!).

Here's what I fitted in the end (extended protector off eBay), which works superbly!

Been there, done that, got the burn hole from my Blackbird.  :008:  I might look at a link protector as the waterproof oversuit is baggier so more likely to finish up with a hole.
Never ride faster than your guardian angel can fly.

Online Tony Hart

• Explorer Member
  • Topic Author
  • Bike: '13 Tiger Explorer
  • City / Town: CAMBS
« Reply #12 on: April 16, 2018, 12:47:59 PM »
Yes I too will need to sort out a protector  :169:

As for the baffle, I will likely put it in for long journeys... depending what mood I'm in!  :007: :001:

Recent Topics

nonskid