Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Fuel Leak - under tank  (Read 646 times)

Offline Oldguysrule60

• Explorer Junior
  • Topic Author
  • Bike: Tiger 1200 Explorer
  • City / Town: Adelaide
Re: Fuel Leak - under tank
« Reply #10 on: May 14, 2018, 12:25:20 PM »
There is a principle here XCaTel; if we all think like that,  then its how these large organisations get away with what they do.  I'm less concerned about the cost (A$11) for the new seal its about Triumph owning up to the quality issue they may have had and honouring their customer.  With regards to the whats in it for the dealer, they are being helpful in putting it up to Triumph Australia for consideration.  I'm not expecting much but a small win is a win.  As for the effort; I'm happy to pull my bike apart in pursuit of learning more about it and how it works. It may be useful when I'm off road isolated somewhere and broken down.
cheers 🙂

Offline XCaTel

• Explorer Pro
  • Bike: 2018 XCa
« Reply #11 on: May 14, 2018, 12:58:23 PM »
*Originally Posted by Oldguysrule60 [+]
There is a principle here XCaTel; if we all think like that,  then its how these large organisations get away with what they do.  I'm less concerned about the cost (A$11) for the new seal its about Triumph owning up to the quality issue they may have had and honouring their customer.  With regards to the whats in it for the dealer, they are being helpful in putting it up to Triumph Australia for consideration.  I'm not expecting much but a small win is a win.  As for the effort; I'm happy to pull my bike apart in pursuit of learning more about it and how it works. It may be useful when I'm off road isolated somewhere and broken down.
I get you, I really do. My 2018 1200 has been the most unreliable and niggly bike I have ever owned I was just balancing the worth of your time Vs $12. You can almost hear the defence already, "you took it off yourself therefore probably damaged it yourself". I hope you suceed.  :028:

Offline FredJ9

• Explorer Member
  • Bike: ‘15 Explorer
  • City / Town: Bakersfield, Ca
« Reply #12 on: May 14, 2018, 03:05:11 PM »
Oldguy
What year is your Explorer?
I'm assuming you bought used but may have missed it.

Offline CaptainTrips

• Explorer God
  • Bike: '13 Explorer
  • City / Town: Vancouver(ish)
« Reply #13 on: May 14, 2018, 04:12:36 PM »
Any time you have a fuel leak over a hot engine, there is a significant safety issue. At least one owner of a KTM Duke was badly burned when fuel line connectors failed on that bike.  It is worth the time to follow up, IMO.
"The test of the machine is the satisfaction it gives you. There isn't any other test."   --   Robert M. Pirsig

Offline Oldguysrule60

• Explorer Junior
  • Topic Author
  • Bike: Tiger 1200 Explorer
  • City / Town: Adelaide
« Reply #14 on: May 15, 2018, 11:32:45 AM »
Thanks XCaTel and yes I am fully expecting their response.  No harm in asking though.
FredJ9; I have had my explorer from new purchased in March 2013, delivered in May, so bang on 5 years.  Just like to add apart from a couple of recalls (ECU and side stand) the bike has been faultless and I have ridden some pretty rough roads, water crossings and lots of tarmac.
cheers 🙂

Recent Topics

nonskid