Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Looking for Gen3 Tiger1200 high Sat nav mount.  (Read 13847 times)

Offline Clunk

• Explorer Member
  • Bike: 2018 Tiger XCA
  • City / Town: Staffordshire
Re: Looking for Gen3 Tiger1200 high Sat nav mount.
« Reply #120 on: March 12, 2019, 12:10:13 PM »
*Originally Posted by glenn389 [+]
It does indeed. How do we say though... A little on the expensive side.
Looking at the picture it appears as though they are reusing a standard triumph sat nav bracket as well as some metal stock. I would assume this is why its so costly. I have contacted them for some more information as it looks like it has been created by one of their techs.

Offline biketraveller

• Explorer Junior
  • Bike: Tiger 1200
« Reply #121 on: March 16, 2019, 06:07:39 PM »
I have contacted them for some more information as it looks like it has been created by one of their techs.
I had a look at that thing today and I am not entirely convinced that it will prevent a heavy unit like my Garmin 276Cx (500 grams, 18 ounces in old money) reliably from vibrations. Given the excessive price I have decided to stick with my own model which costs about two Euros worth of 3-D filament and eight bucks for the aluminium parts.

Ride safely

Pete

Offline T800XC

• Explorer Master
  • Bike: Tiger 1200 XRT
  • City / Town: English Riviera
« Reply #122 on: April 18, 2019, 01:10:25 PM »
*Originally Posted by Clunk [+]
Looking at the picture it appears as though they are reusing a standard triumph sat nav bracket as well as some metal stock. I would assume this is why its so costly. I have contacted them for some more information as it looks like it has been created by one of their techs.
Did you hear anything back from them? Very limited info on their web site.
...Desire ends in satisfaction...

Offline Clunk

• Explorer Member
« Reply #123 on: April 19, 2019, 11:45:47 AM »
*Originally Posted by T800XC [+]
Did you hear anything back from them? Very limited info on their web site.
T800XC
Yes i did and was directed to the local engineering company that actually produces them> It takes about 2 weeks for them to answer but he has supplied more details and it looks as though the plastic clock cowling is replaced by a metal substitute and the as i thought a machined bracket and all the fixings to mount same. They also said that if fitting a touratech mount that extra spacers were supplied and the mount is fitted with rubber washers to dampen vibrations. Apparently feedback from customers is good and the product looks to be well made from what I have seen. I will be looking at buying one after my main non biking holiday ready for later in the year when i return to Europe for a bike trip.
The website and facebook is a bit vague so I would recommend speaking direct with them if you want one

Offline T800XC

• Explorer Master
  • Bike: Tiger 1200 XRT
  • City / Town: English Riviera
« Reply #124 on: April 19, 2019, 11:50:39 AM »
Thanks Clunk.

I wonder if Batzen is looking at making something similar? Might drop him a line as his screen adjuster brackets etc were well made.
...Desire ends in satisfaction...

Offline Clunk

• Explorer Member
« Reply #125 on: April 19, 2019, 12:01:55 PM »
Worth a try you never know.

Offline communicator

• Explorer Member
  • Bike: Explorer cranberry
  • City / Town: Cergy
« Reply #126 on: May 01, 2019, 09:59:29 AM »
Yesterday, I went to a DIY store and bought what I needed to make version 2 of my GPS holder "head up" for my 1200 XRT, namely :

- 1 aluminium bar 100 cm long x 3 cm wide x 2 mm thick
- 1 aluminium round bar 100 cm x 15 mm in diameter
Starting from the base of my V1 support, I realized this 2nd prototype that, for the moment, I have not tested on the road.
I cut 4 pieces of the flat aluminium bar to assemble them 2 to 2 in order to have a more rigid system and I cut a length of the round aluminium bar by flattening the 2 ends.
Then the 2 flat bars of the round bar were slightly bent in order to be parallel to the two flat supports fixed on 2 of the bubble fixing screws.
In short, here is the result that still needs to be refined, put in a more presentable form and a coat of paint to finalize everything.
Tell me what you think (please indulge me: D)
Static video:

Online XCaTel

• Explorer Master
  • Bike: 2018 XCa
  • City / Town: County Kildare
« Reply #127 on: May 01, 2019, 10:10:06 AM »
I would put the ram mount adjuster facing down to give you more adjustment. Looking well, will be interesting to see how stable the windscreen is at speed.

Offline communicator

• Explorer Member
  • Bike: Explorer cranberry
  • City / Town: Cergy
« Reply #128 on: May 01, 2019, 10:16:29 AM »
*Originally Posted by XCaTel [+]
I would put the ram mount adjuster facing down to give you more adjustment. Looking well, will be interesting to see how stable the windscreen is at speed.
I make the modification and post another video tomorrow

Recent Topics