Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Shoei adv hornet & drift ghost  (Read 452 times)

Offline Jimbo

• Explorer Junior
  • Topic Author
  • City / Town: Devon
Shoei adv hornet & drift ghost
« on: April 29, 2018, 02:00:05 PM »
Hello all.
I have a shoei adv hornet helmet and I'm looking at purchasing a drift ghost hd camera. I wanted to fit the camera to my helmet but because of the peak I'm not sure that will be possible.  Has anyone else fitted a camera to this helmet and if so where?
Thanks in advance.
Jimbo

Offline McCrae72

• Explorer Pro
  • Bike: Tiger explorer XRX
Re: Shoei adv hornet & drift ghost
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2018, 03:45:33 PM »
I have the same helmet so will be interested in what people say, as I’d like to get a camera fitted too.

Offline wilf62

• Explorer Member
  • Bike: Black Explorer
  • City / Town: Wickford
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2018, 08:23:49 PM »
Hi,

I have the same helmet and a drift ghost HD 1080 , I looked at a few you tube videos , purchased the curved mount , placed that on the right hand side of the helmet, just about in line with visor hinge, I ensured the mount self adhesive pad was in full contact with the helmet, marked it, give it a good clean , put it back on marked it again, took a deep breath removed the tape on the mount pad and placed it on.
I then adjusted the mount on the drift , I clicked it up 2 positions so the camera was pointing upwards, then started to adjusted the lens .
So far I am happy with the recordings I am getting, you do see a small amount of the chin of the helmet and a fair amount of the windshield , you also get the clocks and a good bit of the road ahead.
I also purchased some flat mounts and put 1 on the top of the spot light housing, this is a clear view of the road ahead, I am yet to put a mount for a rear view yet, will get round to it this weekend.

Kevin

Offline Dilbert

• Explorer Pro
  • Yes, it's me
  • Bike: 2015 Tiger Explorer
  • City / Town: Holmes Chapel
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2018, 01:08:57 PM »
For me, fitting a camera to the side of the helmet gives a better angle of view, you don't look so much of a tit and it's unlikely to affect the helmet integrity in a crash (my wife was advised not to fit a Hero type camera to the top of her horse riding hat for this reason, Police/ BHS)

I'll never be old enough to know better !

Recent Topics