Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Fuel gauge  (Read 892 times)

Offline grr442

• Explorer Junior
  • Topic Author
  • Bike: explore xc
  • City / Town: Stourbridge
Fuel gauge
« on: May 10, 2018, 09:53:13 PM »
I don't get on here a lot so forgive me if its a common thing,,,my fuel gauge has stoped working on my 2013 tiger xc,,,any idea what it is? Expensive fix?

Offline unsubtle

• Explorer Master
  • Improving impact velocity since 1904
  • Bike: Explorer
  • City / Town: Reading
Re: Fuel gauge
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2018, 12:03:31 AM »
*Originally Posted by grr442 [+]
I don't get on here a lot so forgive me if its a common thing,,,my fuel gauge has stoped working on my 2013 tiger xc,,,any idea what it is? Expensive fix?

Check the connection before you start worrying. It's one of two connectors on the rear lower surface of the tank. You will need to remove the plastics from the tank before you lift the rear, but you shouldn't need to drain it or disconnect any of the fuel pipes. See if the contacts are clean and that the cable is snapped in to the connector. If you need to replace the gauge, World of Triumph show it as £75.

Offline unsubtle

• Explorer Master
  • Improving impact velocity since 1904
  • Bike: Explorer
  • City / Town: Reading
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2018, 12:22:05 AM »

Check the connection before you start worrying. It's one of two connectors on the rear lower surface of the tank. You will need to remove the plastics from the tank before you lift the rear, but you shouldn't need to drain it or disconnect any of the fuel pipes. See if the contacts are clean and that the cable is snapped in to the connector. If you need to replace the gauge, World of Triumph show it as £75.

Offline grr442

• Explorer Junior
  • Topic Author
  • Bike: explore xc
  • City / Town: Stourbridge
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2018, 09:04:42 AM »
Thank you I will check that first

Offline travlr_45

• Explorer Member
  • Bike: Explorer xcx
  • City / Town: Savannah
« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2018, 12:25:18 AM »
A couple of weeks ago I took my gen2 XCX out for a wknd trip.  Filled it up just after leaving the house.  As the trip progressed the fuel gauge continued to read full.  After just over a 100 miles I knew something was amiss.  Pulled over, shut the bike off, open the fuel cap,  then restarted the bike,  gauged still read full,  a few miles down the road the bars all of a sudden started to drop until it read the correct fuel level.  Roast of the 700 mile trip was normal.  Gauge read full after a fill up, then dropped as the miles rolled up.  I don’t ride everyday, sometimes it sits for a,couple weeks at a time.  For now will just keep an eye on it. If it does it again will have the local dealer do a warranty check.

Offline ijinak

• Explorer Master
  • Bike: Explorer XC
  • City / Town: Alaska
« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2018, 02:42:33 PM »
A new sensor is $91 here in Americaland, which isn't too bad if you fit it yourself. Getting a shop to do it would be $$$$$$ as the tank has to come off

Recent Topics