Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Another comparison with R1200GS, Rallye TE  (Read 1874 times)

Offline TEXICO

• Explorer Member
  • Bike: Tiger Explorer 2013
  • City / Town: Kent
Re: Another comparison with R1200GS, Rallye TE
« Reply #10 on: September 12, 2018, 09:35:21 PM »
At least they colour matched the cast to your socks

Offline Nutter

• Explorer Master
  • Bike: Tiger Explorer
« Reply #11 on: September 14, 2018, 06:39:38 PM »
*Originally Posted by Rooster [+]
This is what happened to me 8 weeks ago putting my Explorer on its centre stand.

Ouch! Did it just pop as you put it on the stand the same as always? Hope you're back on the bike soon.

Offline Rooster

• Explorer Pro
  • Bike: Tiger Explorer XRT
  • City / Town: Droitwich
« Reply #12 on: September 14, 2018, 07:19:36 PM »
*Originally Posted by Nutter [+]
Ouch! Did it just pop as you put it on the stand the same as always? Hope you're back on the bike soon.

Well, I’d just popped out to my local garage to check the tyre pressures and fuel up prior to going to the Pyrenees 2 days later.  As it was only a 1/2 mike trip, I diddnt bother with my bike boots and wore trainers instead.  So with a full fuel tank plus the box and panniers I guess it was quite a bit heavier than normal. 

I guess the additional weight combined with lack of support for my instep put too much strain on my Achilles Tendon.  I actually heard it rip, for a nanosecond I though I had ripped my trainer or jeans, then the pain hit.

So lesson learned the hard way.  Always wear proper bike gear.

My plaster came off yesterday after 8 weeks and I now have a “boot” to wear for walking for the next 6 weeks.  I’m hoping that when the boot comes off I will be able to ride and drive.  I’ve been told that it could take up to 12 months to fully repair.  For the time being the Explorer is on the side stand and likely to stay on it for a long time.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2018, 07:21:25 PM by Rooster »
Don't worry about things you can't change.

Offline pcarnut

• Explorer Pro
  • City / Town: Carlsbad
« Reply #13 on: November 22, 2018, 06:36:38 AM »
Ouch, sorry to see that! 

Regarding the BMW suspension, I agree, I test rode a new one just to make sure, before pulling the trigger on my new T12.  I felt like I was on what we call here a hobby horse, one of those spring loaded horse toys kids sit on, or a short wheel-based car.  Didn't care for it, but the rest of the bike was very good.
I still like the idea of riding something more unique tho, not a big fan of the GS styling.
2018 T12, 2014 TEx, 2011 1050

Recent Topics