Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Bridgestone 41  (Read 2679 times)

Offline russ999rocket

• Explorer Pro
  • Topic Author
  • Bike: Explorer 1200 XRX
  • City / Town: Swindon
Bridgestone 41
« on: May 23, 2018, 07:29:03 PM »
If it ain't broke don't fix it

Offline adey

• Explorer Pro
  • City / Town: swindon
Re: Bridgestone 41
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2018, 07:48:53 PM »
what they like looking to get rid of the std metz tyres as soon as

Offline arguth

• Explorer Junior
  • Bike: 2017 Explorer XCA
  • City / Town: Nelson
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2018, 09:37:39 AM »
Put the new A41's on a 2 months ago and removed them. Fantastic tyre in the dry and in the wet on good bitumen road. God you need to watch your arse if these hit any slick bits on a wet day. New Zealands a great place to ride but some of the roads have tar seepage due to heat in Summer months which turn nasty in winter. My Xca was wheel spinning on a straight road in rain mode with moderate rain, on the corners it was twitching the whole time. Never struck that with any other tyre ever. Unusual wear pattern on the rear as well, the dealer thought there was an issue and has sent it back to be scrutinised by the manufacturer. Watch your arse, wouldn't recommend at all. :084:

Offline pug27

• Explorer Member
  • Bike: 2012 Explorer
  • City / Town: Thirsk
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2018, 10:49:38 AM »
I had a set on about a month ago, cant fault them on UK roads great both in the wet and dry, no issue. A world apart from the crappy Tourance Next they replaced. Had A40 on previous bike and the A41's are better, and I was happy with the 40's on my Vstrom. Would have another set no problems. 

Online Dragon88

• Explorer Pro
« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2018, 02:18:36 AM »
Had A40's previously, excellent tyre, wet season riding in Thailand and Laos is no joke and the tyres were faultless. Just put an A41 on....and off we go again.

Offline triumphpip

• Explorer Member
  • Bike: explorer
  • City / Town: Birmingham
« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2018, 04:58:36 PM »
1500 miles on mine , more than happy so far , but didnt have  any issues with the A40’s
[]D[][]D

Offline AndrewNZ

• Explorer Pro
  • Bike: Triumph Explorer
  • City / Town: Richmond
« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2018, 10:24:41 PM »
*Originally Posted by arguth [+]
Put the new A41's on a 2 months ago and removed them. Fantastic tyre in the dry and in the wet on good bitumen road. God you need to watch your arse if these hit any slick bits on a wet day. New Zealands a great place to ride but some of the roads have tar seepage due to heat in Summer months which turn nasty in winter. My Xca was wheel spinning on a straight road in rain mode with moderate rain, on the corners it was twitching the whole time. Never struck that with any other tyre ever. Unusual wear pattern on the rear as well, the dealer thought there was an issue and has sent it back to be scrutinised by the manufacturer. Watch your arse, wouldn't recommend at all. :084:

Hi, I have just had a 41 fitted on the front due to a scruffy Metzler giving up and have not done a lot of miles on it yet so will treat it with caution, I'm just up the road from you in Richmond so we have the same riding conditions.

Offline russ999rocket

• Explorer Pro
  • Topic Author
  • Bike: Explorer 1200 XRX
  • City / Town: Swindon
« Reply #7 on: June 11, 2018, 11:03:03 AM »
After 1,500 miles of European riding I am very impressed, total confidence in them and they appear to soak up the bumps better than my old Metz Next tyres. Recommended.
If it ain't broke don't fix it

Online XCaTel

• Explorer Master
  • Bike: 2018 XCa
  • City / Town: County Kildare
« Reply #8 on: June 27, 2018, 12:11:05 PM »
Just had my weird front Tourance Next replaced for an A41, so far so good.  The lack of road drone is a delight. Its a hot 26 Degrees here in Ireland at the moment so can't vouch for its all round performance but I'm happy as hell. Metzeler/Pirelli have agreed to look at my old tyre in fairness.

Offline AndrewNZ

• Explorer Pro
  • Bike: Triumph Explorer
  • City / Town: Richmond
« Reply #9 on: June 27, 2018, 10:08:38 PM »
I have put some miles on the A41 front and yesterday was a sharp frost early on so there were frosty corners with grit down, dry corners with grit and wet corners with no grit and the Battlax performed admirably. I still expect to go back to Anakee 3's on the next change though.

Recent Topics