Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: mounting ideas and opinions  (Read 711 times)

Offline smorgan

• Explorer Pro
  • Topic Author
  • Bike: Tiger Explorer
  • City / Town: Lancashire
mounting ideas and opinions
« on: May 24, 2018, 01:53:59 PM »
On my gen 1 I mounted the gopro on the bottom of the screen and it worked great but on my new gen 2 the screen is too curved 😕 was thinking of mounting g the gopro on the hand guard......   should be vibe free but what about field of view movement of bars ect 😯 any one else tried this

Offline mjab

• Explorer Master
  • Bike: Red Explorer
  • City / Town: Near Portsmouth
Re: mounting ideas and opinions
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2018, 03:29:23 PM »
My Drift is mounted just by the right hand mirror using the ram base https://www.ram-mount.co.uk/reservoir-cover-base-with-1-ball-offset-mounted-p-1567-c-238_286.html on the brake reservoir then a short arm to the camera mount.
I'm trying to find the pictures I had of the set up but may have to take more for you if you want them.

Gives a good perspective and in a position where you can see if there is a problem

t=21s
4 wheels move the body
2 wheels move the soul

Offline Hawk281

• Explorer Pro
  • Bike: tiger 1200 2018
  • City / Town: Thousand Oaks, Ca
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2018, 03:35:43 PM »
I put a ram line u bolt mount on the top of my left upper crash bar and the handle bars. that way I could use a combination of ram "arm length" connectors to obtain the image I wanted. This way i could point the camera in any direction. The best so far has been helmet mounted, however. :084:

Offline Hawkeye

• Explorer Master
  • Bike: Explorer XRx Low
  • City / Town: Billericay
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2018, 11:05:01 PM »
I mounted my GoPro Hero 3+ off my RH mirror on my Gen-2 using one of these mounts

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Scooter-Moped-Motorcycle-Camera-Mount-for-the-GO-Pro-Hero/141033241555?hash=item20d63c7bd3:g:Wq4AAOSwAHBaIX4j

Works really well, no real vibes to talk of, most footage is steady and clear. As opposed to the eBay picture, I have my mount attached about half way down the stem facing out frontwards (so it just clears the screen on full lock)

« Last Edit: May 24, 2018, 11:06:51 PM by Hawkeye »

Offline mjab

• Explorer Master
  • Bike: Red Explorer
  • City / Town: Near Portsmouth
« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2018, 11:06:25 AM »
You'll have to look past the screen but here is the mount I fitted for the drift

4 wheels move the body
2 wheels move the soul

Offline belpas

• Explorer Pro
  • Bike: 2013 explorer 1200
  • City / Town: Up North Mate !!!
« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2018, 06:56:45 PM »
*Originally Posted by smorgan [+]
On my gen 1 I mounted the gopro on the bottom of the screen and it worked great but on my new gen 2 the screen is too curved 😕 was thinking of mounting g the gopro on the hand guard......   should be vibe free but what about field of view movement of bars ect 😯 any one else tried this
You can buy curved mounts..i have a couple here. You have a PM :016:
Why do we die just as we are getting the hang of it

Offline Hawkeye

• Explorer Master
  • Bike: Explorer XRx Low
  • City / Town: Billericay
« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2018, 07:38:52 PM »
Here's my Go Pro mount (as per my mail above)

Recent Topics