Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: rear hugger  (Read 348 times)

Offline nothinginhere

• Explorer Junior
  • Topic Author
  • Bike: triumph explorer xcx
  • City / Town: Pontprennau cardiff
rear hugger
« on: May 25, 2018, 02:02:17 PM »
Hi all i am looking for a hugger for a 2017 explorer xcx have a quick look in the corner of the garage might be one kicking around regards Mark
also a touring screen the std one is a little to low for me

Offline Hawkeye

• Explorer Master
  • Bike: Explorer XRx Low
  • City / Town: Billericay
Re: rear hugger
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2018, 07:48:58 PM »
I have one of these (in black) which was fitted to my 2016 XRX for about 300 miles before I took it off

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Triumph-1200xr-Tiger-Explorer-2016on-cast-wheel-model-rear-hugger/323190518859?hash=item4b3fa7f44b:g:G6QAAOSwFqJWsuVB

I've just swapped it out for a Puig, reason being that I have the Givi Pannier Rails with the S250 toolbox and I found that the toolbox was rubbing on it slightly - so there is a small area on the RH side about the size of a 50p piece where the gel top has worn and would need touching in (The Puig is thinner at the back thus does not rub on the toolbox)

If you are interested, let me know and I'll pop up some pictures - however as you will see from eBay it does say for cast wheels - I have no idea what the difference would be as I'm guessing the cast and wire wheels on the back are the same tyre size etc (as I see you want it for an XCX) - so its possible it may be no good anyway for you

Offline nothinginhere

• Explorer Junior
  • Topic Author
  • Bike: triumph explorer xcx
  • City / Town: Pontprennau cardiff
Re: rear hugger
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2018, 10:55:53 PM »
Many thanks for coming back its in for its first service tomorrow i will ask the question to see if it will fit

Recent Topics