Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: How To Use TigerTool V2.5 Service Utility Software  (Read 11155 times)

Online T800XC

• Explorer Master
  • Topic Author
  • Bike: Tiger 1200 XRT
  • City / Town: English Riviera
Re: How To Use TigerTool V2.5 Service Utility Software
« Reply #30 on: November 24, 2018, 11:45:31 PM »
TigerTool V2.5 absolutely should work with your Explorer.

Can you post back the exact message that you see, and also the entire contents of the Info tab?
...Desire ends in satisfaction...

Online T800XC

• Explorer Master
  • Topic Author
« Reply #31 on: November 25, 2018, 01:19:05 AM »
Having just re-checked, TigerTool V2.5 doesn't use the ECU type detection to decide if it's compatible, as with previous versions, but instead decodes the VIN.

As-per my notes above, can you copy the contents of the Info tab and post them back here. It's possible that your VIN isn't being read correctly or for some reason is a different format. Once I have this info I can send you some debug instructions to (hopefully) get some more details.

Offline bobpellen

• Explorer Junior
  • Bike: Triumph Explorer XRX
  • City / Town: Wokingham
« Reply #32 on: November 26, 2018, 11:05:56 AM »
Whoops looks like operator error on my part. Messed up the renaming of the soft links and the tool executable. I somehow managed to get two versions of 2.0 loaded but one soft linked v2.5. PICNIC Sorry

Offline Zoki5

• Explorer Junior
  • Bike: Explorer 1200 XC
  • City / Town: Zagorje ob Savi
« Reply #33 on: January 17, 2019, 08:53:28 PM »
Hello!
Working fine with my TEX 2014.  :152:
OBD controller was bought on AliExpress as "bbfly-BF32301 ELM327 USB V1.5 FTDI Chip OBD Auto Diagnostic Scanner OBD2".
Thanke you  :037:
Zoki

Offline marreiro19

• Explorer Junior
  • Bike: TEX 1200 2015
  • City / Town: Manaus
« Reply #34 on: January 25, 2019, 05:02:53 PM »
 :440: I downloaded the v2.5 and used with two ELM327 OBD2 of mine. With one, i got the message LOST CONTACT, so the chip should be a poor copy (ok). Using the second bluetooth obd2, i receive the message "ECU read error" after the handshake status, in the info tab only show ECU READ ERROR too. Looking at the socket pins, everything seems fine, so there's something else i should test? or should i test another OBD2 adapter to be sure?

Offline Deep6blue

• Explorer Pro
  • Bike: Several
  • City / Town: Washington
« Reply #35 on: January 26, 2019, 05:23:24 AM »
Try a different USB port on the computer. 

Online T800XC

• Explorer Master
  • Topic Author
« Reply #36 on: January 26, 2019, 06:43:07 AM »
*Originally Posted by marreiro19 [+]
:440: I downloaded the v2.5 and used with two ELM327 OBD2 of mine. With one, i got the message LOST CONTACT, so the chip should be a poor copy (ok). Using the second bluetooth obd2, i receive the message "ECU read error" after the handshake status, in the info tab only show ECU READ ERROR too. Looking at the socket pins, everything seems fine, so there's something else i should test? or should i test another OBD2 adapter to be sure?

Check that both your ignition switch AND engine kill switch are turned on. The 'ECU Read Error!' message is saying that the ECU has failed to respond within the required time. To get to that stage it would appear that your Bluetooth interface has already passed all of the setup checks.

*Originally Posted by Deep6blue [+]
Try a different USB port on the computer. 
Not applicable with a Bluetooth interface.

For the first lead that was tested, the 'Lost Contact' error message already eliminates the USB port as being at faut.

Offline flyboy52219

• Explorer Junior
  • Bike: 2018 Tiger XCA
  • City / Town: Shelby Twp.
« Reply #37 on: June 09, 2019, 06:05:17 PM »
Wow! Wish i found this thread sooner when i owned my 2012 800XC. T800XC - just wondering if you think your tool will work with the GEN III Tiger 1200's? Apologies if this has already been answered somewhere else but i couldn't find any threads relating to the GEN IIIs. Crossing my fingers that it might. Regardless, thank you for your efforts and if you think it would work I would be happy to beta test anything you need us too.

Cheers!

Online T800XC

• Explorer Master
  • Topic Author
« Reply #38 on: June 09, 2019, 08:03:36 PM »
*Originally Posted by flyboy52219 [+]
Wow! Wish i found this thread sooner when i owned my 2012 800XC. T800XC - just wondering if you think your tool will work with the GEN III Tiger 1200's? Apologies if this has already been answered somewhere else but i couldn't find any threads relating to the GEN IIIs. Crossing my fingers that it might. Regardless, thank you for your efforts and if you think it would work I would be happy to beta test anything you need us too.

Cheers!
Yes it should be fine.

I have a new 1200 XRT but haven't had time to play with TT on it.....yet. I want to add some extra features but finding time to play is proving elusive for me at the moment.

Offline flyboy52219

• Explorer Junior
  • Bike: 2018 Tiger XCA
  • City / Town: Shelby Twp.
« Reply #39 on: June 09, 2019, 09:48:19 PM »
Thanks. I’ll give it a try and report back.

Recent Topics

nonskid