Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Panniers, Triumph vs Givi  (Read 5869 times)

Offline Dragon88

• Explorer Pro
  • City / Town: RTW
Re: Panniers, Triumph vs Givi
« Reply #40 on: March 21, 2020, 10:34:14 AM »
*Originally Posted by Foggy19 [+]
Each to their own I say I am also a well travelled biker and would not swap my sardine cans for small wheelie bins that flap around in the wind they are such a great design that triumph no longer fit them. My experience of plastic panniers has not been great! But as I say each to their own one mans meat is one mans poison. :001:

Yeah, I guess those hardcore trips to Spain are a real test, but as you say, one mans meat.

Online Will Morgan

• Explorer Master
  • Bike: Explorer
  • City / Town: Ross on Wye
« Reply #41 on: March 21, 2020, 11:20:08 AM »
*Originally Posted by Dragon88 [+]
Yeah, I guess those hardcore trips to Spain are a real test, but as you say, one mans meat.

Arrrgh! You just reminded me last week I had to cancel my trip to Spain for the 2nd year running. This year its the virus, last year it was the ferry ship engine catching fire. At this rate any panniers hard or plastic will be surplus to my requirements!

Offline Hawkeye

• Explorer Master
  • Bike: Explorer XRx Low
  • City / Town: Billericay
« Reply #42 on: March 21, 2020, 11:30:32 AM »
*Originally Posted by Will Morgan [+]
Arrrgh! You just reminded me last week I had to cancel my trip to Spain for the 2nd year running. This year its the virus, last year it was the ferry ship engine catching fire. At this rate any panniers hard or plastic will be surplus to my requirements!

Indeed I'm still clinging onto the hope that I may still be able to ride the Pyrenees in June - realistically I don't think I've a cats chance in hell, but travel insurance company won't entertain a cancellation yet until nearer the time.

Online Will Morgan

• Explorer Master
  • Bike: Explorer
  • City / Town: Ross on Wye
« Reply #43 on: March 21, 2020, 01:09:37 PM »
*Originally Posted by Hawkeye [+]
Indeed I'm still clinging onto the hope that I may still be able to ride the Pyrenees in June - realistically I don't think I've a cats chance in hell, but travel insurance company won't entertain a cancellation yet until nearer the time.

That's when & where we were going. I do hope your trip goes ahead. Please post photos so I can be jealous   :012:

We cancelled before we had to pay full amount to Brittany Ferries (it was a package inc accommodation). They would give 100% refund (but less deposit) up till 42 days notice but we guessed virus would still mean life in Spain would still be restricted, especially around Basque & Rioja regions which are badly effected.  Pessimistically decided it would be easier to bail out now & avoid hassle of getting refund later. We've written off the deposit which was a fraction of total cost.

Recent Topics

nonskid