Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Gen 3 Brake Judder  (Read 1503 times)

Offline Pailton

• Explorer Member
  • Topic Author
  • Bike: Tiger 1200 XRX
  • City / Town: Leicester
Re: Gen 3 Brake Judder
« Reply #10 on: October 11, 2018, 02:13:36 AM »
My brake judder has returned.  :005:  :230:

It's going in for it's 10k service next week so I have asked them to look at it again.

I'm a bit concerned though as last time the technician said he couldn't feel it, baring in mind I was waiting in the show room while he road tested it, he was only gone for about 15 mins. I was made to feel as though they were doing me a favour by replacing the brakes. So we will see.  :084:

Offline NiK

• Explorer God
  • Bike: Red Skin Mk3
  • City / Town: Marseille
« Reply #11 on: October 11, 2018, 08:55:22 AM »
Yeah, as long as your warranty runs, they say 'I don't feel it'.
And as soon as you warranty expires, it becomes 'Oh your disks must be replaced!' (don't ask how I know).

I'm tired of always having to fight for just having the standard contract fulfilled...

Offline eps

• Explorer Member
  • Bike: 2012 Tiger 1200
  • City / Town: Preston
« Reply #12 on: October 11, 2018, 08:53:43 PM »
I ride all year round - and with all my Triumphs I've owned I find you need to fully strip the brakes on an annual basis.Clean everything spotlessly. The rear underslung caliper on my 1050 was so bad that I had  a spare caliper - just unbolted and swapped it over to save time being off road !! The 1200 is better but still needs a good clean at least once a year. Got nearly 30k on my discs and they are still in good condition. Use compressed air to dry things out fter you wash it - helps a lot I find in keeping corrossion at bay :002:

Offline Pailton

• Explorer Member
  • Topic Author
  • Bike: Tiger 1200 XRX
  • City / Town: Leicester
« Reply #13 on: October 11, 2018, 11:56:13 PM »
*Originally Posted by eps [+]
I ride all year round - and with all my Triumphs I've owned I find you need to fully strip the brakes on an annual basis.Clean everything spotlessly. The rear underslung caliper on my 1050 was so bad that I had  a spare caliper - just unbolted and swapped it over to save time being off road !! The 1200 is better but still needs a good clean at least once a year. Got nearly 30k on my discs and they are still in good condition. Use compressed air to dry things out fter you wash it - helps a lot I find in keeping corrossion at bay :002:

I do exactly the same.  :028:

l also plaster ACF50 all over every time I wash it from probably the end of this month until April I would guess.

Recent Topics